sonium

WIP: GCS for Raspberry Pi
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:44:29 pm »
Hi all,
I'm working on a GCS for Raspberry Pi and the official 7'' touch display. An Oplink modem is connected directly to the RPi using a serial connection. The interface is written in Python using Kivy, a touch optimized GUI library. In the long run I want to build a video link using a second RPi on the model.
Below is a screenshot of the current version and the code is available on gitlab [1].

I would like to ask for some thoughts on what the most important features or telemetry information is I should add.

[1] https://gitlab.com/sonium/librepilot/tree/sonium/rpi_touch_gcs/ground/rpi_touch_gcs

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
Re: WIP: GCS for Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:52:11 am »
Hi Alex,

that's looking great!

When I started implementing an android client, I first of all showed the GCS health panel.
In the field, this is the most important information you'll need, because this might prevent your flight controller from arming.

I tried to make it look like it looks in GCS:

Maybe that's a good starting point for you as well?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:16:36 am by flachskopp »

sonium

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:18:47 am »
Yes thank you, I agree that this definitely important information.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:32:48 am »
That android app looks great! Downloadable? :)

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 09:51:42 am »
Just drop me a PM, I'll send you a link.

smfelton

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 01:48:44 pm »
Hi all,
I'm working on a GCS for Raspberry Pi and the official 7'' touch display. An Oplink modem is connected directly to the RPi using a serial connection. The interface is written in Python using Kivy, a touch optimized GUI library. In the long run I want to build a video link using a second RPi on the model.
Below is a screenshot of the current version and the code is available on gitlab [1].

I would like to ask for some thoughts on what the most important features or telemetry information is I should add.

[1] https://gitlab.com/sonium/librepilot/tree/sonium/rpi_touch_gcs/ground/rpi_touch_gcs

This looks like a really interesting project, I can see me adding a Pi Zero to my ground station.