Robski

Transmitter Setup Issues
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:08:25 am »
G'day,

I have completed all of the Vehicle Setup with no issues however once I go into the Transmitter Setup it does not register any stick movements. I've been trying every different combination in the Vehicle Setup and now am just getting frustrated and feel like I am just chasing my tail. Please help me out on this one.

I have attached the UAV file.

Regards
Rob

Robski

Re: Transmitter Setup Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 04:11:05 am »
Also forgot to mention these are the items that I am using in the setup.

Board: CC3D
ESC: DYS 20A Blheli
Receiver: X4R-SB
Transmitter: Taranis Plus

Everything is working properly just seems that the receiver is not talking to the FC.

Please help me get back in the air.

Sid

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 04:23:28 am »
I know its a dumb question but I thought to ask have you bind the receiver or have you just tried the receiver by it self?
How do you power the board?

Robski

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 04:32:56 am »
No never a dumb thing to say.

I have bound the receiver successfully after re-flashing it with the correct firmware (I have it saved on my Transmitter now to make it easy). As for the board it is powered through one of the ESC pins (from the PDB 5V).

I have powered my other quads through a single ESC before with no issues and thought that this would be the easiest way to run the power, and it seems to power the receiver just fine.

Only question in reference to that is am I right running the 5V or should I be running the 12V to the CC3D???

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 08:13:47 am »
Hi Robski,

According to schematics for CC3D https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/src/8a153de206cc6c00eb125d77c811660784e4a987/hardware/Production/CopterControl%203D/CopterControl%203D%20Schematic.pdf?at=next&fileviewer=file-view-default
  • All servo pins are interconnected - so if you put 5V on one pin, it will be 5V on other pins
  • There is a LDO regulator LP2992-3.3V for powering micro-controller internally from servo, and according to datasheet it's max rating is 16V
  • I never powered flight controller (including CC3D) with anything else than 5V. Usually I have external switching regulator that reduces voltage from battery.

As for the transmitter problem. Try checking your cables, if they're not too long (could be big noise which triggers detection of the stick movement).
To check if cable is correct and plugged into main port check https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration

Robski

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 09:23:29 am »
Thanks for that. So if the cables are too long then there will be noise interference right?? Coz mine are trimmed to minimum length due to it being on a 180.

Mateusz

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 10:36:08 am »
Check wiring and post photos of your wiring. How you connect X4R-SB to CC3D.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:42:33 am by Mateusz »

Robski

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 12:18:08 pm »
Here are the wiring pics. I am now running the 5V from the PDB to the Channel 6 +ve and -ve (as can be seen in the pics). Everything is powering up fine so that is why I believe that it is a settings issue.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 02:06:39 pm »
That x4r hook up looks just like the 4 I have. All seems right. This may not be your problem: I can't remember how many times I've forgot to plug in my battery for the transmitter wizard part. Just a thought
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

Robski

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 02:12:02 pm »
Yeah I have done that before but not the case on this one.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 03:48:44 pm »
Do you have a way of testing MainPort?  Maybe configuring it for serial telemetry or uBlox GPS?

Riocxx

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 12:12:20 pm »
Hi. Just had a similar problem with CC3D (banggood equivalent) and FS-IA6B using PWM. We got past the basic wizard but couldn't get transmitter setup to work. When we moved the throttle stick it couldn't tell.

We unplugged all the outputs from the receiver to see if any of them got a signal when we moved the control levers. We did this by powering the receiver, and then plugging a servo into each pin in turn to check for an output for example when the throttle was moved.

We found the order of the cables was wrong. When for example we moved the throttle it didn't power the right set of pins. We think we've now got this working with red/white/black on Ch3 and the order for ours is black, yellow, green, white/red/black, yellow, blue. Similar order to before but with white/red/black in the middle not at the end. Just putting the rest of it together to test it now....

Riocxx

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 12:42:36 pm »
And it works - flying well  :D