myflyer

• Fast and low is the way to go
Timed out while booting
« on: May 19, 2016, 04:57:15 am »
Bought a new quad worked fine wanted to run liber pilot to fine tune it. When I run the  wizard it erase the board then when rebooting board it says. Timed out while booting. You will have to manually. Upgrade the board using the uploader plugin.

jbarchuk

Re: Timed out while booting
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 05:15:52 am »
With the USB and battery unplugged...
In the Firmware tab select 'Upgrade & Erase.'
You'll be prompted to plug in the USB.
Wait for it because it takes a short while.
You'll be prompted to unplug the FC.
Wait half a minute, and plug it back in.
After that you can proceed with the Wizard.

myflyer

• Fast and low is the way to go
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 06:29:24 am »
Did not remembering seeing it to promp me to unplug the FC ( can you explain what is the FC ) I will try it after work and give you a up date. Thank you for helping and your quick response

jbarchuk

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 06:42:21 am »
FC is Filght Controller mounted on the quad. There's a cable(s) that plug into the Rx Receiver and four sets of wires that plug into the ESCs which control the motors.

I'm not 1000% sure that it prompts to remove USB but I'm 96% sure that it needs to be power cycled after upgrade.

If you still have problems the exact make/model of the quad would help, and/or pics of the various components.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 03:08:50 am »
Hi Sorry to butt in but I am having the same problem with my FC im not getting the disconnect prompt and don't know what to do? 

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 07:26:46 am »
Sometimes CC3D problems like this are caused by having an old bootloader and updating to BL4 (for CC3D) fixes the issue.