help a noob
« on: May 13, 2016, 04:48:06 am »
Hi everyone I just bought my first drone and was going through librepilot and everything was going good until I got to input I can go through the first bit and at the point where you start moving the sticks nothing. I have tried binding over and over again but no change. any ideas would be great. I have an orange box and dx6i the light in the box is staying lit like it is binded and the connectors are in the same as they were when I got it and it was flying.

thank you  :)

jbarchuk

Re: help a noob
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 07:07:56 am »
Need a little more explanation because these two bits don't make sense together...

...first drone and was going through librepilot and everything was going good until I got to input I can go through the first bit and at the point where you start moving the sticks nothing.

Which implies that you've never completed the whole process and the thing never flew.

Then this part...

...and the connectors are in the same as they were when I got it and it was flying.

So something else happened between the time it flew and the time now where you can't get through the wizards. Please describe.

Also name the quad make/model, and exactly what FC it has, make and model.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 07:19:20 am »
hi!

In librepilot, sometimes when U are going through the TXWizard, u have to press back and just try try again, this has always been helpfull, still not working? reboot your computer and your board. and when dealing with settings dont run tons of other apps simulataneously!

regards from sweden

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 06:10:10 pm »
Ok so when I got it it would fly. But I wanted to know everything about it so I went through libre and at the point to recognize throttle is as far as I can get. After my last post I went back through from the beginning and still stops on that spot. Tried to bind several times and nothing new have a solid light after binding though.

hwh

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 06:23:32 pm »
Hello Foxtrot,

There's not enough information in this thread to recommend anything.  The only thing I know is that you have a dx6i.  You don't say whether you have a cc3d or revo, what model receiver, or how it's wired to the ccd3 (or revo).

From what little information I have the most likely thing is the receiver is wired to the FC differently than you selected at the start of the wizard.  Wired PPM and you selected PWM or vice versa.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 06:50:15 pm »
I have a Revolution

jbarchuk

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 07:02:09 pm »
I have a Revolution

Don't panic. This is simply misinformation and misunderstanding on your part. The Chinese MARKETING departments have no clue about how TECH works.

First, there is no such thing as a 'Revolution.' Those are two completely separate and distinct FCs. The MARKETING department puts those two words in the product description to gain hits.

Please point to the web page ad that you got the quad from.

Next, one thing you didn't know was that if you had a quad that flew, that before you 'did things' to it you should have saved the current configuration.

One way to fix that is to look at the quad web page and see if they have a downloadable *.uav file. If they do it still -may- not work because it'll have to be compatible with a specific version of the GCS, but it's worth a try.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 08:15:17 pm »
Bought the quad off cl so no info there the motors and all spin when I go through the first part so does that mean that I got that all right? Also could it be just a setting in missing on the dx6i? Or could it be something in the libre pilot download?

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 11:55:37 pm »
Also just got home board says open pilot revolution

hwh

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 12:21:22 am »
...what model receiver, or how it's wired to the revo...

If it worked before you loaded LP, you loaded it without touching the wiring, and it didn't recognize any of the sticks it's still most likely that you picked the wrong thing on the "input signal configuration" page at the beginning of the wizard.  Without the answer to the questions above there's no way to tell you which one you should be picking.  Have you tried going through the wizard picking different input signal configurations?