Storm SRD280 v2 ESC Calibration Issue
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:02:14 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Ok I was having a bit of trouble when flying my SRD280 with it once in a while just stopping mid flight and crashing to the ground :(

Someone suggested flashing the CC3D mini with Librepilot and running vehicle setup wizard, Which I have done then they gave me all the settings they were using on their SRD280.

It was late so I waited until the morning and went in the garden for a little line of sight test flight. (this is where everything goes horribly wrong!!!)
I went to arm my quad but didn't realise that the motors were not set to spin when armed so thought it wasn't armed applied a bit of throttle and the quad just shot up in the air flat out... until I went back to 0% throttle and it came crashing back down :( I took my props off to test it and when I am only putting the stick up to around 30% the motors are spinning at 100% the same applies to roll and pitch.
I cannot touch the sticks as it is full power with only 10% stick movement!!!

I am starting to get to the point of giving up with it now :(

I managed to get a download of the factory v2 settings from helipal but this has not fixed the calibration issue.

I hope this makes sense to somebody and they can help me with a solution :(

Thanks

Jon

jbarchuk

Re: Storm SRD280 v2 ESC Calibration Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 12:03:26 am »
Hi Everyone,

Ok I was having a bit of trouble when flying my SRD280 with it once in a while just stopping mid flight and crashing to the ground :(

What was in the quad before you installed LP?

I notice their web page mentions LP specifically with a link to the .org and a *.uav download.

Someone suggested flashing the CC3D mini with Librepilot and running vehicle setup wizard, Which I have done then they gave me all the settings they were using on their SRD280.

Did you also do the Tx wizard?

The reason I ask these Qs is because by your original symptom above there was -no- clue that the problem should be either GCS or setup. A flight system that purely drops from the sky is 99% likely a hardware problem.

... applied a bit of throttle and the quad just shot up in the air flat out... until I went back to 0% throttle and it came crashing back down :( I took my props off to test it and when I am only putting the stick up to around 30% the motors are spinning at 100% the same applies to roll and pitch.
I cannot touch the sticks as it is full power with only 10% stick movement!!!

Which 99% points to a Tx config problem.