Revolution problems
« on: May 08, 2016, 07:00:06 pm »
Hello people, im haveing a problem with my quadcopter, I just put in a set of sunnysky 700kv motors an 11x5 props.  An I went thro the vehicle set up wizard. An o got a 8000mah 4s lipo. Now my prob is . Motors spool up an it gets off tha ground about 6in then some motors stop an some keep spinning ???????

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revolution problems
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »
Motors should not stop after take off.

Looks like there is a hardware issue or a timing / esc issue, not related to the flight controller.

Please, "Revolution" do not exist. There is CC3D boards and Revolution boards.

jbarchuk

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:26:05 pm »
Motors spool up an it gets off tha ground about 6in then some motors stop an some keep spinning ???????

I wish you could take a vid of this action because it sounds like an 'improper' launch.

When you say 'spool up,' are you starting the motors spinning and then -gradually- increasing the throttle waiting for it to get off the ground?

If yes then that's improper.

The correct technique is to barely touch the throttle to start the motors spinning, then -immediately- -punch- the throttle to about 50%. The vehicle will in a sense 'jump up off the ground.' Then quickly drop the throttle back if it's still climbing, and aim for it to hover at about eye height.

Is this your first quad and the first time(s) you're flying it? If yes pleeease be careful. That's a BIG POWERFUL machine and without proper skilled control can potentially go off in any direction at any time, such as in your face. I wouldn't want to be within 50' of that thing on launch for these first few flights until you -know- everything is working properly.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 10:39:45 pm »
I have always done it that way when I take off. Slowly. An no it's not my first quadcopter. I just changed from 980kv sunnyskys to 700kv Sunnyskys.  It gits up about 6-7 inches an then the motots just give out . But when it does this an I keep the throttle where it was . They just keep spinnin but slowly.?

jbarchuk

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 11:24:10 pm »
If all you did was change motors, and it did it on the first flight, and several motors behave the same way, then it sounds like OCP overcurrent protection. Most modern ESCs can be programmed to behave a certain way for that failure.

Or if the batteries aren't strong enough then voltage drop can cause the ESCs to shut down.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 03:18:03 am »
That is what I was thinking two