Re: Eachine 250 racer multiple problems
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 10:14:16 pm »
Paulpegg, I have the same setup that I play with ( eachine 250, taranis plus, x8r ) everything works out of the box and if we can get you back to a default setup we can get it working.

It looks like you might have flashed the Flight Controller with the .bin from OpenTx?  Any LibrePilot GCS you download or build has has matched firmware for your flight controller, you should never download a firmware separately unless you have the matching ground station.

Disconnect all cables to the flight controller  (I am assuming you are using PWM as the x8r doesn't support PPM stock. ) and make sure you have no flight battery plugged in, only the usb cable is needed.

Start up your GCS and go to Firmware Tab, press Halt and wait, you should get the Open/Flash/Retrieve buttons along with a progress bar.  Select Flash and it should re-flash the board.  What do you get?

Ben

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 02:43:25 am »
Ben,

My Taranis is an original, not a Plus. Previous advice said to change the cable. There was nothing wrong with the cable but the USB hub it was connected to had hung. I got back on track and got LP to flash the proper firmware and reconfigured using PWM ( was using PPM and your post is the first time I saw that this would not work with the X8R). So the ESC's are calibrated and the onboard accelerometer etc all work using the scopes in the software. BUT, when i go to Setup Transmitter I have the same problem that there is no response when I stroke the throttle as requested.
This is where I have been for several weeks and just can't figure out how to overcome it or test for what might be wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

hwh

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 03:12:44 am »
Glad to hear the revo is responding again  :)

Now that everything except the receiver is working again please post the current config.  With the cc3d attached, file -> export uav settings.  That allows us to load all your settings rather than go back and forth asking about this setting and that setting.

Since you're now using PWM I assume you have at least the first four channels connected to the corresponding pins on the cc3d as in the wiki at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration about half way down the page there's info on wiring and what pin is what on the cc3d.

Have you verified that the receiver is working by connecting one of the ESCs directly to the receiver?

And just because I'm curious where did you get whatever that file was that you flashed?  I couldn't find anything with a name anywhere near that in a web search.  If you ever need any firmware or bootloader images it's on the same page as the GCS download, https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Downloads just further down the page.

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 08:19:11 pm »
Thanks for the link to the wiring setup. That was my problem.
Now that it is wired correctly I can get into the transmitter setup and the sticks are recognized but they are reversed. How do I fix that? Also, the board does not arm. I used SWG which is a 3 position toggle but nothing happens when I disconnect the USB and restart the quad.

The blue light on the FCB is still blinking at .8 seconds. I think this is an error mode. One thing I am unsure of is how long the ESC calibrations should take. They beep in a sequence 1 - 2- 3 -4 and then the sequence repeats but some of the tones are different. After a minute or two I clicked on stop and went on. Was this a mistake?

Attached are the two files you asked for.

I don't remember where I got the underlying file but the file I sent you was a backup of the firmware on the board at that time. It no longer matters so I moved on.

Thanks for your help. This is the first forum i have come to for help that actually responded in any way.

hwh

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 10:52:42 pm »
...sticks are recognized but they are reversed. How do I fix that?... Also, the board does not arm...
config -> input tab -> rc input sub-tab.  All 4 lines have reverse checked, uncheck them.   While you're on the input tab go to the arming settings sub-tab and change from always disarmed to whatever you like.  The setup sets always disarmed as a safety measure.  Then click save at the bottom.

...The blue light on the FCB is still blinking at .8 seconds...
About one a second or so is normal, booted up, everything fine  :)

...One thing I am unsure of is how long the ESC calibrations should take....
I'm always unsure myself, if they work they're good.  I'm sure someone here knows the tones but I don't.

...This is the first forum i have come to for help that actually responded in any way.
We try.  :)  Once in a while we miss a post somehow and it doesn't get answered for a while but usually someone will answer fairly quickly.  The project is spread around the globe so someone is usually awake and hanging out here.

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 03:51:34 am »
I'm glad you've made progress - based on Hank's last post it looks like things are covered now and you should be in the air.

For the ESC on the eachine 250, I listen to the tones and let it cycle twice, listen to the tones and you'll hear when it repeats.

Its a good community to be a part of!

Ben

Ben,

My Taranis is an original, not a Plus. Previous advice said to change the cable. There was nothing wrong with the cable but the USB hub it was connected to had hung. I got back on track and got LP to flash the proper firmware and reconfigured using PWM ( was using PPM and your post is the first time I saw that this would not work with the X8R). So the ESC's are calibrated and the onboard accelerometer etc all work using the scopes in the software. BUT, when i go to Setup Transmitter I have the same problem that there is no response when I stroke the throttle as requested.
This is where I have been for several weeks and just can't figure out how to overcome it or test for what might be wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 10:27:11 pm »
I am in the air!! Almost. It starts up but does not fly straight up. the number 3 motor doesn't seem to be spinning in sync with the others and the copter drags the right rear corner along the ground. Increased throttle and it flips over the the back right.

Once I sort this out the next challenge will be to get the video to connect with the screen and be able to turn the lights on and off.

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 12:08:19 am »
Is #3 motor spinning in the correct direction?  #1, #3 CW, #2, #4 CCW. Check your props also.

Ben

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 01:44:32 am »
Props are correct. All spin in correct direction but #2 seems to be sluggish. It doesn't spin up as fast as the others. (Holding copter in hand (carefully) and stroking throttle.)  I just did another test and #2 is not making any lift. It spins very slowly.