need help stabilizing my quad and using PID settings?
« on: May 06, 2016, 02:07:53 am »
So im having issues getting my quadcopter to take off straight up with out it going sideways first.
I had the quad programmed on a level surface. Used a level to make sure of that.

But Im not sure what else to do to actually get it to take off straight?

Also I still am not understanding how to use PID setting?
Can someone help guide me on what do to here?
My quad is a 500mm in diameter. Using I think 900kv motors with 30amp esc's. Running with a 3S 5200mAh battery.
CC3D flight controller. Frsky radio with sbus.

I am running the Eachine FPV camera on it as well.

Any help would be great.

Brunosanta

• I understand it all but know nothing
Re: need help stabilizing my quad and using PID settings?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:15:05 pm »
There are some other posts on this. I had the same problem for many months. I made sure my quad was not twisted, or unbalanced, I fixed it by simply increasing the accelerometer filters on the TAB Attitude>settings. You can do it starting with 5, than 7, than 8, too much is also not good. dont ask me why but after this  ( my filter is at 12) my quad starts the flight straight and stays straight.
I saw another problem which was related to the output tab. Make sure your escs are calibrated, and the minimum spinning is set to a flawless rotation of the motors, and the banks are all set to the same speedrate, rapid esc, oneshot...
Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 12:40:46 am »
Should the minimal spinning of the motors all be the same number?

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 01:14:56 am »
They should all be "about" the same number. They may be the same but not likely. Most of the time,  They won't be. A few numbers off either direction is fine. You know you have a problem if it's like 10-15 off
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS