omega3

Re: Revolution and GPS..
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 09:37:19 pm »
Ok...you are right.... Thank you very much

Inviato dal mio G7-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 09:04:28 am »
I dont know if something can help me,
I have a GPS running and status is green but always remain red alarm in Atti, and Mag when I config GPS assist and GPS algoritm,

If I select Basic and remove GPS assist then it is working fine

Do you know why??

Mateusz

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 09:37:00 am »
Hi Luis,

Complementary Basic sensor fusion algorithm just uses Accel+Gyro https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/INS13+-+GPS+Navigation
So it will work for basic just flying. For any GPS features you need INS31 sensor fusion algorithm and correctly working and calibrated ALL sensors (accel,gyro,baro,mag,gps).  In case just one sensor gives bad samples you won't be able to fly or sometimes even arm(safety check). You must have nice three curves stable without oscillations in Attitude states in Scopes with INS31, stable model in PFD and never ever Mag or GPS should be different from Green (no jumps to orange or worst red). Too many people just try and fail instead of fixing the problem and checking first that really all sensors are giving good data.

Most problems people have is with Magnetometer, which should be mounted on a mast (some GPS units include magnetometer because of that). This keeps that sensor away from all electronics. Also every GPS may have Mag mounted in different orientation so that should also be set correctly in GCS.
For good results I recommend 14-16cm mast.

Other problem people have is default altitude hold PIDs, this should be easy to test and tune in Altitude Hold tab by using Complementary Basic and Altitude Hold thrust mode. Coper should not oscillate/sky rocket but should maintain it's altitude. This PIDs are different from stabilization PIDs which of course should also be tunned to match your build for good stability and maneuverability (default ones are just a starting point that is determined such that it should work on most builds and allow you to get in the air).

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 10:16:23 am »
Ok thanks I will check all things

Mateusz

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 11:35:46 am »
  • Start with mounting mag on a mast ~14-16cm (see attached photo)
  • I can't stress this enough since people never listen, but do not attempt calibration indoors, no matter how tempting it would be to try. Always do Mag calibration outdoors over oplink. It will never work if you make it indoors.
    • Unlike other sensors Mag calibration collects samples since first start, so placing copter on the car or on something metallic (ground can have magnetic field as well) just to have free hands to click save will invalidate whole Mag calibration. It will say "successful" but samples will be incorrect and useless for sensor fusion.
    • Since Mag calibration is continuous, I do start it with OPlink connected, then I click 5 times Save to skip steps in instructions asking you to rotate your aircaft and on the last step (6th one) I rotate my copter in all directions possible: roll, pitch, yaw, diagonals. This gives enough samples to cover nicely all directions around Mag and account for build. Of course your build should be complete and the way you will fly it, adding camera later will invalidate Mag calibration. Finally I click save 6th time to finish calibration and I am done with Mag.

Once you get that sorted out and all looks good, green stats that's not the end. Also remember for INS31 all sensors are used, next step is to make sure baro and altitude hold thrust mode is working.

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 05:08:44 pm »
I have mounted a mast of 9 cm long , is it not enough ?

Could you please tell me how can i check the baro and att?

I cann,t find it

Thaks

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 05:20:47 pm »
 Other question , how can put a PFD in scope? I just try to modify but  nothing happen

Mateusz

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 05:28:22 pm »
Just use Scopes and attitude states to see if stable. Also you can add other sensors like baro instead of gryo. I don't know if 9cm is enough there is no rule on thumbs, depends on build I get good mag with mast 14cm. Never tried lower because it looks too close to main power wires in mine. If you want to get feeling how mags are sensitive check Mag in scopes and move something metalic in its proximity.

omega3

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 09:44:43 pm »
No need the "GPSAssist" tag when the flight mode is already a GPS flight mode.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Gps+assist
i have solved all the problems with gps, but now when taking off the drone flies back and I have to balance a lot with the stick...what is the problem ? Calibrations?

Inviato dal mio G7-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Mateusz

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 11:19:39 am »
I think it can be noisy input from sensors. Check posts earlier for common problems and how to solve them. Check AuxMag. Which mag are you using? Set op oplink communication and observe sensors when motors are spinning or not. Also use only AuxMag may help. Just guessing what your problem is. Read earlier posts;)

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 10:28:00 pm »
Hi,
I just calibrate outdoor , far of metal and Mobile,  but happen the same,

Any idea?

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 04:04:31 pm »
I suggest that you get it working well in Attitude mode with INS13.  If it still needs a lot of stick, then you need to adjust GCS -> Configuration -> Attitude -> Settings -> RotateVirtual...  until it hovers level.