mino

need to calibrate again?
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:49:26 pm »
Hi!
Had a problem with one of the four esc when calibrating in Libre via cc3d FC. Changed the esc and decided to calibrate the four esc's one at the time with my radio. All went well.... My question is: Do I have to go through the Libre calibration (the hook up battery and the biip biiip and stop) or can I go directly to the next page where we start one motor at a time and set minimum responce? The reason why asking is that the esc's are emax (SimonK) and it's easy to screw up these esc's when calibrating all at once and not punch the stop and battery off at exactly the right moment. When not carefull they go into programming mode and its very frustrating re-programming them again. I think the one I have replaced got bad because of the mentioned. Thanks! (And I know: get other esc's..... Next time)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: need to calibrate again?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 12:07:30 am »
Hi, welcome.

You can skip the Esc calibration step if already calibrated, no issue.
Be sure you set the min/max values the same you use when calibrated.

mino

Re: need to calibrate again?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 11:51:16 am »
Thanks! I realise though that I probably have to calibrate again in the "output" section when checking wether all four motors starts at the same time. Or.... would a visually test of min and max do it? Is there somewhere in Libre where you can see the numbers for each of the motors without going through another calibration? Last year I worked with the same esc's (in openpilot) and it was extremly timeconsuming to get them to work. In the end the quad flew though one of the esc's played its tune a couple og seconds behind the others. Very strange...

Thanks in advance!
Michael