Bluetooth(VCP) & Openpilot
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:41:02 pm »
Hello, guys.

I need a little help from my friends.

I'm a software developer tring to work with hardware and it bring me a litte pain, but here we go.

I know i'm doing something truly wrong, be here is what i did: At the fisrt time i connect the bluetooth to my openpilot and even i did not get any data i was still able to connect to the bluetooth, that tells me(some one who has just a fell knowledge  about eletronics) that every thing was just fine . But yesterday i did something wrong and the bluetooth just burn.

So, here is my question: could some one, please, measure the out put voltage from the main port? I am trying to realise if i cause some damage to my openpilot module or not. For now, i measure the output in my module and  it is about 8V, but the bluetooth work if max 6V.

I dont understand how the bluetooth module work for a one or two days and after it burn.

Thanks for the attention.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Bluetooth(VCP) & Openpilot
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 02:28:43 pm »
Hi, welcome

The voltage you found on MainPort, FlexiPort or ReceiverPort is the voltage you provides in output port (servo connector).
If you put 8V, there is 8V in all ports.

You should power with +5V from one Esc or stepdown, onboard regulator should work up to 10V.

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:12:06 pm »
Schematics of Revolution board are available here
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/src/11b8ed8993861ded6f3c7f289879335379d2efff/hardware/Production/OpenPilot%20Revolution/?at=next

You can refer to them, how things are connected if in doubt ;)

hwh

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 03:38:19 pm »
...I dont understand how the bluetooth module work for a one or two days and after it burn...

Many electronic components will tolerate some over voltage for a while. They run hot and eventually fail.  You were only running about 33% over voltage so it's not unusual for it to run for a while and then fail.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:56:10 am »
Guys, thanks a lot.

All off you were right.

I still do not have a proper battery, so i'm using an improvised and variable source power.

And i changed the current to 15V instead 11.1V(same as baterry).

THanks guys.