vedran

Cannot map channels
« on: May 01, 2016, 09:21:14 pm »
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the whole quadthing. Just built my second zmr250. Im using a massive RC PDB and need to swap out some channels.

Im running into a problem that I saw some other guy on this forum freaking out about.
I cant change the channels for the motor. Meaning I can't make motor one run on channel four (for example).
I make the changes in Librepilot, I save. And nothing. What's weird is that I broke the solder points on channel three, and had to map channel 5 onto motor three and it worked. But the other motors just won't change.
It's so annoying, anyone have a fix for this? Right now I have my servo leads running across the whole quad and Im not using the output pins designated on the PDB. Which is annoying, I bought the board to clean up the build and because the swapping of motor channels don't work, it still looks like a birds nest.

Any suggestions?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Cannot map channels
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:47:34 pm »
Hi, welcome

Go to the Vehicle tab: You need to change the channel ouput you want for the Motor position displayed just above the Motor #Num <> Channel output assignment.
Next go to the Output tab, the channel order do not change. This mean the output1 still the output1.
The change is the motor name, like Vtol_motorNW that move from one output to another.
If your outputs was previously mapped for Multiwii scheme, just look at this example bellow.

vedran

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 10:50:15 pm »
This is what i did!I kept mapping motor 1 to different channels, but after I saved and went to output and tested the motors, the same motor always spun up no matter what I mapped...

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 11:01:47 pm »
That what i say, in Output tab the motor connected to output1 still the same when you test output1. (that the physical wiring)

Look at motor name in example above:
- if you change assignment for the motor position (1) in vehicle tab from output1 to output4, the output4 refers now to the VTOLMotorNW (NW mean NorthWest)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 11:59:52 am »
Another Vehicle tab modified view:

You choose the output channel you want for every motor, based on his position. (North-West motor is connected to Output channel 1)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:04:58 pm by f5soh »

vedran

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 11:54:53 am »
Ok thanks!I finally got it. I feel stupid. But I must say it is not the most intuitive system.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk