CC3D + GCS = Sad Noob
« on: May 01, 2016, 08:45:15 pm »
Hello All,

Here’s the executive summary, I cannot get the CC3D on my Walkera Runner 250 to communicate properly with GCS (v 15.02.02) or FlyConfig.  I have tried everything I could find via Google and then some weird things that I didn’t see anywhere.

Within Windows the CC3D does show up as a USB Serial Converter and a virtual COM port.  I’m currently using the drivers from the FlyConfig package, but I’ve also tried drivers from different sources with no change (they all seem to be the FTDI drivers).

Within GCS I try to use the firmware tab to upgrade & erase and the software never detects the board, no matter how my times I unplug/plug/swear at the board.  If I try to connect to telemetry on the COM port the little signal strength segmented LED thingy only shows transmit traffic, nothing in return.  Oddly enough the only way I was able to see any Rx traffic is if I power the drone via battery and bind the transmitter, then after I connect I do see some Rx traffic…but GCS still doesn’t see the board.

Does anybody have any idea; it doesn’t matter how weird it is…I’m a bit more than desperate at this point.  Going back to my modem/BBS days it feels like there’s a problem on the serial communication line (i.e. parity or something), but I have no idea what else to try.  It doesn’t seem like it should be this hard.

Stuff I’ve Tried
Different USB cables
Different USB ports on my computer
Different sources of the FTDI drivers
Connecting both with and without the battery connected
Connecting both with and without the transmitter being bound
Altering the speed of the COM port from between 9600 to 115K
Altered the COM port settings to make it more tolerant of latency
GCS and FlyConfig
I’ve read the post on the LibrePilot site about the USB Composite Device drivers, but I don’t have a composite device that ties to the CC3D…just the Serial Converter

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D + GCS = Sad Noob
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:03:56 pm »
Hi, welcome.

Are you sure you runner uses a CC3D ?

If really uses a CC3D no need ftdi or extra drivers you find somewhere.
After GCS installation all is installed.

FlyConfig has nothing related to the CC3D.
If you don't see "CopterControl Virtual Com Port", your board is not a CC3D.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:27:52 pm »
Welcome to the party friend! Make sure the cord is for data transfer and not charging only. Since you say there is out going traffic and no incoming. I had this happen once by accident. May not be your case but worth a try. A f5soh stated once GCS in downloaded no drivers needed. Plug and play.Good luck.
ωʉɱ ∞

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 04:22:28 am »
I didn't read down far enough. i see you've tried that. sorry ::) Hope you get it working.
ωʉɱ ∞

hwh

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 05:35:39 am »
...Within Windows the CC3D does show up as a USB Serial Converter and a virtual COM port.  I’m currently using the drivers from the FlyConfig package, but I’ve also tried drivers from different sources with no change (they all seem to be the FTDI drivers)...

It appears that Walkera made two Runner 250's with different flight controllers.  From your description it sounds like you may have the one that has a Multiwii controller rather than a cc3d.