Pitch is not recognized on the correct stick
« on: May 02, 2016, 05:14:23 am »
Huge issue.

I now have two quads with cc3d boards. First one is a black Widow 260 that I loaded with LibrePilot without issue. Built my second, a VMR250 that took LibrePilot without issue. However, when I went to fly my 260 (that original did fine) it wouldn't arm. So I hooked it back up to The GCS and that model won't pick up pitch on the correct sick (mode 2). It now picks up pitch on one of the variable rate dials. Manual setup won't even see the elev/pitch stick, but it does see it correctly on the VMR 250. I'm stumped. I even cleared the model memory and started fresh. Same issue. VMR250 does fine. BW260 doesn't recognize the pitch stick.

jbarchuk

Re: Pitch is not recognized on the correct stick
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:35:33 am »
First, go a little further than clearing the model, start a new model. 'Clear' may have different meanings. It doesn't necessarily mean 'set to factory defaults,' but for instance might mean 'set all -values- to default.'

This started with an arming issue, yet later you're talking about pitch. It's supposed to arm with the yaw as is most common, correct?

The only thing I think that could cause crossing of yaw and pitch is a miswire between Rx and FC. Triple check all wires, or don't even think about it just pull them all out and start over.

I know you've done a model previously this is just a reminder. Pay no attention to wire colors but the order of the wires as they're plugged in from Rx to FC.

And to triple check, are you for-sure arming in a mode that doesn't rely on GPS? That topic has been common here lately.

Re: Pitch is not recognized on the correct stick
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 05:44:54 am »
Ok. I guess I should look through some topics. I hadn't thought about a bent prong in the fc receptacle.  Problem fixed.

Thanks for responding.