Just curious, as I just finished my first revo setup last night, and it seemed there were considerably less model presets available as on my cc3d boards, or in Open Pilot CGS I guess. Is their somewhere to download more models, or migrate the ones from open pilot cgs into libre pilot CgS?

cato

Re: Uploading model settings and loading new models into the community
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:00:00 am »
The models from OP are part of the LP software. You can easily create a model from your settings. Right now I am not sure how it's planned to integrate more models. A problem with this is, that when you only change one part the model will no more fit, like using different motors, props or batteries.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:37:04 am »
Factors that in my opinion affect settings in those templates are mostly
  • Everything that affects thrust to weight ratio: motors size/power/kv, propellers number of blades/size, battery number of cells/capacity/c rating, total weight
  • Everything that affects mass distribution: frame shape (more common H or X), frame size, centre of the mass

Things like ESC or flight controller used, are not that important. If you pick model that is close to yours in power then you might get better results than with generic. Picking model does not guarantee it will work as good as tuning everything yourself, it's rather a starting point in my opinion.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 05:24:26 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

I agree, it's just that more choices gives us more chance of finding a model that is will work decent on  our builds, and require less tuning. I am not so great with PID tuning, and actually have forgotten the little I did know. I welcome the chance to learn it again though.