QC102

Yet another newbie ( brain dead) question PIDs :(
« on: February 15, 2016, 02:52:39 am »
I have been  trying different flight controllers.  KK2.1.5 - CC3D Atom / Evo - Naze32 6DOF and obviously now changed CC3D firmware to LP.

I have watched a tri-Zillion youtube vids till  the cows came  home and I have tried to understand  what  the PID  do...
I see PJMAN video  where he can get the quad to  hold its tilt etc and hover, hands off the sticks.

He  gives his final PID as P 4.7 = I .048 and D as 36.  yes, I know  every quad is different and I set them in the Naze 32.
I have spent  hours moving first  the P by a numeric change of 5 up and down. It  hovers - reduce throttle  a midge... it keeps going down ditto reverse, Ail, Yaw.
I see another  vid where a guy  has his quad on string - he can  get it to tilt over and stay there until using the Tx to move it  back!
I cannot get anywhere near that!
I get  really confused with how the numbers are shown.

KK2.
P Gain 165
P Limit 100
I Gain30
I Limit 20

Naze 32

P  4.0
I    .0030
D   .023

Bluntly  - why are some given as whole numbers and  others to the 4th decimal?

If I assume the Nae32 to display  :-  P:  4.000
                                                      I:  0.0023
                                                      D: 0.0230

How does this rationalize the KK2 and LP  number display in Basic  ie whole number no decimal point
What is the numbering/value relationship?     Should KK2 show i.e. 1.65  not 165. Maybe this  should  read - IS the numeric value a compromise for  lack of displaying a decimal point -if so  should I read it as 1.6500 or 0.1650 !!

I accept I  am not good at maths - but I see no logic in the different numeric display in the different FC -  Are we dealing with percentages are these numbers  just giving marker points relevant to  how the FC i passing information?
What am I missing?...please..

Re: Yet another newbie ( brain dead) question PIDs :(
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 07:22:52 pm »
I was just browsing through the forum and came across your post.  I see this was back in February, not sure if you are still looking for help.  If you are setting up a 250, I would try this link.  I entered the PIDs on my QAV250 and it flew better than expected.  Hope this helps.  Link:  http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=714775