darkdave

My Openpilot Revolution Flight Controller sends my drone leaping up several meters as soon as I activate Altitude Holding. It then fluctuates up and down by the same distance of several meters (about 5m). The drone works perfectly fine without Altitude Holding. So it's definitely a barometer problem. I have attached a picture showing you where the flight controller was (red). Would this position have been problematic? Would that position on top of the chasis attract unwanted prop wash?

I have just moved the Flight Controller farther to the center of the chasis but still on top of it. I don't know what else to do. Tomorrow I'll re-test.

hwh

Re: Flight Controller Barometer malfunction - Drone leaps up and down
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:35:14 pm »
Some of the revo clones from China have problems with the barometer fluctuating because of a bad capacitor on a voltage regulator.  The thread https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=311.0 talks about it, how to check the barometer, and how to fix it yourself if you don't want to or can't get the seller to replace it.

cato

Re: Flight Controller Barometer malfunction - Drone leaps up and down
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 04:38:14 pm »
I am currently trying to tune AH/AV. I can reproduce such a behavior with wrong AH/AV PIDs on an original Revo. I think that we will have a guide how to tune AH/AV in future.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS