f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Setting PPM+OneShot Pin8
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 08:20:45 pm »
Seriously, no need to change Pitch on Taranis.

I use daily a Taranis and i simply check the pitch checkbox in wizard.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 08:34:03 pm »
Skip to 1:00

Or revert in RcInput tab using the checkbox:

Belko

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 10:05:35 pm »
Thank you for your video, f5soh.

I tryed to do exactly as shown in your video. With my old Atom I did it as your video successfully. (Atom PPM+OneShot Pin8) but this time (New Atom Receiver Port Disabled+OneShot and using PPM on FlexiPort as input) doing the same did not work. Seems like the Reverse Check do nothing in the Wizard. In the screen that you add, I'm not able to maintain the check on it, allways goes to blank. I'm using the latest LibrePilot avialiable in Fedora 24.

I did it in the Taranis.

Belko

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 10:06:01 pm »
I'm very angry with that:

It flew the first days well although I build it fast and without precision.
After some falls, broken propellers and several reconfigurations in OpenPilot, I decided to rebuild because I had some issues:

It suddenly began to veer to the right.

Sometimes -while flying- suddenly occurs loss of power and returns again after a fraction of second repeatedly.

I returned to solder the BEC and I verified all the connections.
When doing that I noticed that the receiver FrSky D4R-II was powered with 11.1V directly from the Lipo and in specifications I read that admits 10 volts maximum (however the CC3D Atom can be powered up to 15V)

In the rebuild I powered all the electronics with 5V and I could fly two times with no issues.

After serveral flights it returned to the same. I fit the trim to the maximum to the left in the transmitter but it did not solve anything
Another thing that happened after several minutes flying and/or after “landing” was that when pushing up “Throttle” gradually, the motors starts spinning at full power -some more accelerated than another- and crash to the ground immediately

I did many configurations in LibrePilot, calibrated it, verified the gyroscope but still doing the same. Impossible to control.

I decided to change the CC3D Atom and the BEC. After 4 waiting weeks, I soldered the new BEC, put the new CC3D Atom and removed the wire excess

New wizard on LibrePilot, calibrate it and first test flight in interior, returns to veer to the right (but thankfully it accelerates gradually)

I return to try and moving the throttle millimeter to millimeter it returns to accelerate of blow.
I have verified in the Taranis that the movement of the controls is gradual in the graphs (proportionally)

Discarding wiring, BEC, Transmitter and CC3D. What can be now?
Receiver D4R-II? the ESC? The motors? Everything simultaneously?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 10:24:08 pm »
Check do nothing in the Wizard.
That a instant change, if the stick movement is inverted you can see the change on screen
You can also check the stick movements using the left RcInput panel on PFD.

In the screen that you add, I'm not able to maintain the check on it, allways goes to blank.
Maybe because the board is armed or you choose "Always Armed"

This is not recommended put more than 10v because currently chinese replaced regulators and specs limit is 10V (or less)
Original (4 years old) CC3D can work with 15V but keep in mind the receiver got alos 15V...

it returns to accelerate of blow.
The Rpm that increase automatically while applying small amount of throttle is normal, the board accumulate the small error (The I term from PID) and try to compensate but cannot finalize because frame to not move at all.

Belko

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 01:53:19 am »
As I'm trying to explain to you unsuccessully since the beginning, my check does not work. Please, take a look to: https://vid.me/1t7z

My board is not "Always Armed" https://vid.me/kW5w

The RPM does not increase due the error trying to compensate by the gyro signal. (like when you catch the drone and move it with your hand)
This occurs with the drone starting from the ground (flat), calibrated, and the issue can be reproduced with two different CC3D Boards.

It is not normal behavior because I have flown successfully in the past with this frame.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 02:31:12 am »
The RPM does not increase due the error trying to compensate by the gyro signal. (like when you catch the drone and move it with your hand)
This occurs with the drone starting from the ground (flat), calibrated, and the issue can be reproduced with two different CC3D Boards.

All the boards i have here do the same.
Keep the frame still and apply a small amount of throttle.
If you are in Attitude, the small error is accumulated (can be 0.5° not level) and board try to correct the error.
The same can be done using rate, put your frame still and look at scopes what happens with Yaw axis ?
So the same occurs with a small amount of throttle, board try to compensate/correct the error and cannot move the frame.

Not sure what happens in your video, at least in second video you didn't move the sticks to full range so min/max/neutral are almost the same.

What mode do you select at wizard start ?

Edit : 2nd video, you try to revert the Pitch input while the manual calibration is running.
Stop calibration after you move all stick to min/max
Revert like you want
Save
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:59:26 am by f5soh »

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 09:45:24 am »
"Flew fine, then after some minor crashing it veers one way or another."

This is usually caused by vibration.  Replace or straighten bent motor shafts.  Balance and track props.  Track means that one tip is not higher than the other at all.

Belko

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 11:28:13 am »
Thanks for your answers . At first sight does not seem that the brushless motor shafts are damaged. I will check this accurately. I changed the propellers to a new ones and I'll change damaged screws too.
Dont know if there are part supplies for my motors. If I still having the issue I will buy new engines.

The other issue I have (not always):

The D4R-II could be damaged after applying 11.1 volts from 3S lipo direct connection? (a fully charged 3 cell is 12.6V) In my first build it was overvoltaged.

I don't know if a damaged receiver could explain that sometimes at minimum throttle (when the motors should start spinning slowly) they start like at full throttle. I'll try with the X8R Receiver included with the Taranis radio to discard it.

The motors during calibration wizard setup starts spinning at 1028 ms

Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:08:24 pm by Belko »

Belko

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 08:01:27 pm »
Video uploaded with the issue: https://vid.me/72cW

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 08:51:56 pm »
Something special with board mount / orientation ?
Check the PFD if behavior is correct.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/PFD#PFD-MyPFDlooksreversed

After it does the flip, connect to the PC without disconnecting the battery and look how is the PFD.

Belko

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 09:22:14 pm »
Seems ok: https://vid.me/lLhe

Will try and connect when starts making flips.

Belko

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 09:44:43 pm »
Hi, when start doing strange flips it seems that motor 1 does not spin
The flight data is that:  https://vid.me/MH4B

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 09:50:41 pm »
In second video the compass should not spin like that, or more more slowly.

Check if AttitudeSettings > ZeroDuringArming is set to True

Connect battery and wait for gyro init (fast blinking sequence on board) without moving the frame.

Belko

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 11:24:04 pm »
Yes, ZeroDuringArming is set to True

I pushed Level button without moving the drone and it stop spinning.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:14:22 am by Belko »