darkdave

I want to have both telemetry on my laptop as well as be able to use my remote controller to send signals via the 433mhz signal line between the oplink and the revolution board on the drone.

I see there is a bluetooth solution already for this:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/OPLink+Configuration

But why not USB?

What about instead of using bluetooth I use USB and get both telemetry and remote control ability using oplink's 433mhz line to my drone?

Is this possible? Or do I really need to buy the bluetooth device? And which one is the latest and most advanced model if I do?

David

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Yes, you can connect your Oplink to PPM from radio and USB from computer.

This solution is not described because result limited movement around computer.

darkdave

So what is the procedure?

In OPLINK TAB in GCS:

Coordinator ticked for Oplink but "PPM only" UNTICKED?(empty box)

For Drone (Revolution board) "PPM" ticked? Yes?

I've done it on mine when I was putting together my bt+oplink radio.

If you use ppm you need to connect your transmitter to your oplink.

So you'll have transmitter on mainport configured as ppm.

You'll have USB connected.

You shouldn't need any other config.

P.s. if you want to do bt, I used the hc05 and embedded that + oplink in my radio transmitter.

Apologies for the cross link to regroups

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2615346#post34142122

darkdave

I have my remote controller connected to the FLEXI PORT of the OPLINK. Will that still work?

I have my remote controller connected to the FLEXI PORT of the OPLINK. Will that still work?

Mine is also connected to the flexi port, it works just fine for me.

darkdave

But are you able to get BOTH TELEMETRY AND CONTROL via the flexiport configuration?

Also do I have to configure my remote control to output only 8 channels instead of 16 via the external antenna configuration in my Taranis?

David

darkdave

I've tried everything.

I connected my oplink to my Taranis PPM output, I tried the blue wire I tried the yellow wire (for PPM lead) I tried connecting to both Main and Flexi Ports on my Oplink device.

In GCS: Controller Tab: I cant get my Controller calibrated via the 433mhz. I've set all the channels to "PPM", Ive also tried setting them to "Oplink", and also "GCS" and set them to the correct channel numbers but it's like as if my controller doesn't exist.

GCS: Oplink  Tab
My Oplink is ticked as "Coordinator" and ticked with "PPM" in Oplink tab.
My Drone is ticked "PPM only" , I have also tried "PPM" ticked instead of PPM only.

Ive set my controller output to be only 8 channels instead of 16.

There is a link between them and binding. I can see the oplink connection registering in the dB reading in the binding section and I can get telemetry from oplink hardware plugged into the laptop. But no controller input is registering.

I'm not using any Mini/nanno equipment, my Oplink and Revolution board are standard Oplink and standard Revolution boards.

I don't know what to do next.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:24:11 pm by darkdave »

darkdave

Ok I fixed the problem, on the Oplink side of things in the Oplink tab: there are some settings for "Flexiport and "mainport" I had to set the one connected to my remote control to "PPM".

I can now control my drone without a receiver! Although it's a bit less stable on the throttle side of things.

But now there is a new problem. I have no telemetry. So I am trying to revert back to the way things were when I had no vehical control but had telemetry from the Oplink connected to the laptop. On the oplink I change "PPM only" back to everything unticked except for "coordinator".

On the drone side of things when I untick "PPM only" and tick "PPM" and hit the save button. The settings keep reverting back to "PPM only" ticked and "PPM" unticked.

I hit save, I turn off the flightcontroller, turn it on again, plug it back to the laptop and it keeps reverting back to "PPM only" mode. So now I cant get telemtery ever again...what gives?

DAvid

darkdave

Hi guys,  I finally got the 433mhz working as a PPM only vehical control mode. Which is great. I can use my x8r receiver for another drone and the extra room on my drone can be utlized for something else, maybe a spare camera.

But now I have no telemtery, now I tried to change the "PPM only" mode on both sides (drone and oplink laptop side)to "PPM" (with "coordinator" ticked on the oplink-ground) and it worked for the oplink but not for the drone's flight controller. The flight controller keeps reverting back to "PPM only" mode after each save followed by subsequent power off and power on cycle. Now Im stuck in vehical control mode in the flight controller and can only have telemetry if the flight controller on the drone is plugged into the laptop because the oplink plugged to the laptop now has no telemetry from the drone when it's plugged into the usb of the laptop (but I cant get telemetry from the oplink ground anymore while its connected to my laptop because it cannot bind to the flight controller unless I change its mode from "PPM" back to "PPM only" for pure non telemtry vehical controlling) since the drone is still stuck in "PPM only " mode: it refuses to keep the box unticked between power cycles.

Why is the flight controller being stubborn and refusing to turn off it's "PPM only" mode?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:38:05 pm by darkdave »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
The flight controller keeps reverting back to "PPM only" mode after each save followed by subsequent power off and power on cycle.

Maybe you select the "Always Armed" option ?
This prevent saving.

No need to start again a thread for the same issue you started yesterday, keep simple please.
Moved both thread in one.

darkdave

Yes that's true I did set to "Always Armed" BECAUSE the "Yaw Right" arming setting wasn't working. What would cause that to happen?

darkdave

Hi guys, I achieved my objectives of getting the Drone to work with Oplink giving it Telemetry while taking PPM commands from it via my remotecontrol connected to the Oplink via 433mhz.

However I noticed a range problem. I have connected the antennas supplied with the extension cords supplied and clicked the cords into the flight controller and oplink. But my range is only 13m! Beyond that the drone loses signal and crashes(this was confirmed by the reception signal strength readings in the GCS), which brings up another point about failsafe. How do I set it so that the drone autolands when it loses signal? I cant find any failsafe section to set in the GSC.

New Questions(URGENT)

1. Why is my 433mhz range only 13m?
2. How do I program Failsafe into my flight controller?(in case it loses signal)

Old Questions (Regarding the below issues: Ill assume for now my Flight Controller is damaged from too many crashes but would appreciate it if you have any new insights for me about them)

3. Why is it I cannot arm my drone unless I set to "always armed"
4. Why is my barometer so shitty? Even with the stabalization settings altered the drone still wont hover at a fixed altitude plus minus a few meters. By setting certain settings down to about "20" all I have done is change the rate of altitude change which is great as it prevents violent accidents.(ie smashing into a tree or a roof if indoors). It continues to cause my drone to keep increasing or decreasing height indefinitely(slowly) so I keep having to have to switch between increasing and decreasing altitude modes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:27:10 am by darkdave »