Re: CC3D Bricked
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2016, 05:24:38 pm »
Are you sure there is no changes ?
Here is the NW motor change highlighted

hwh

« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2016, 05:45:33 pm »
Ok, I've caught up I think.

The wizard doesn't let you reassign the motors but does let you spin them one at a time and see which is which.  Scrambled motor order usually isn't a problem on most craft to fix by moving the wires.  My eachine racer and the one you have are exceptions.

If you change the motor order on the vehicle tab and press save it doesn't make any difference visually on that tab.  It changes the order on the output tab.  At a glance it doesn't look like anything has changed but the order of the names changes, and that changes what the fc thinks is each motor.  It does work, I just tried it on one of my quads.  It just doesn't look like it does anything because changing the order of the names isn't really noticeable.   I went back and forth twice before I noticed the names had changed.

You two type messages too fast, I can't keep up.  :(  Every time I get ready to post one of you has posted another message.  This was written a message or two back...

« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2016, 05:49:12 pm »
I have tried over and over, no change
spin motors and they still spin the same order regardless of what screen is saying

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2016, 06:42:33 pm »
I have tried over and over, no change
spin motors and they still spin the same order regardless of what screen is saying
There is nothing wrong with the procedure. There is something wrong with your hardware or the firmware in your hardware or both. Have you upgraded the board to the same version as GCS?
Please take some screenshots to make things more clear. Like I asked you on RCG.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:11:54 pm by m_thread »

bmw111

« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2016, 09:20:13 pm »
Waiting for "Hulk smash!"  ;D

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2016, 06:04:43 pm »
Here's some info guys
as you see in shot, 1-3 motor channels have been swapped, but it does not reflect on motor assignment
#1 should be NE, but it is still showing SW

« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2016, 06:19:12 pm »
I have tried to post more pic of quad and FC but they will not load here.
They have been posted on RCG

hwh

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2016, 06:35:03 pm »
Good morning,

The pictures you posted look correct to me.  On the output page, the first line (physical motor channel 1) shows it's now assigned to the function VTOLMotorSE and the third line (physical motor channel 3) is assigned to VTOLMotorNW.

You swapped the motors plugged into servo outputs 1 and 3.   That's what you want.

The output page always stays in physical port order, move the first line's slider and whatever is plugged into the first servo connector starts up.   We move the functional labels (NW, SE, etc) to match the new order.   If you move the slider on line 3 the motor in position 1 on the vehicle tab should start.

-Hank

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2016, 07:16:57 pm »
Hi Hank, the motor position did not change even though i reassigned channel.
Motor #1 was SE from start, that is the whole problem, i need it to be NW.

anyway, I have made the wire swap and the motors are now spinning in proper order.
I will put it back together, redo setup completely, and see if it flys.   :)

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2016, 08:08:58 pm »
Btw Hank, I just now see that I had a PM from you.
So sorry, i did not get any notification or I missed it if I did.

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2016, 02:19:28 am »
Yippee!  CC3D #2 is up and flying!
I am starting to like this CK-250, thought it was kid of a joke at first, but now see the benefits of the super tough foam frame.
It is really something!

thanks everybody very much for the great assistance!
Long live LibrePilot!!

hwh

« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2016, 02:36:38 am »
It is a strange craft, a quad built more like a foam fixed wing.  However, I found a video that showed some guy holding it by one arm and throwing it at the ground hard.  He then stepped back, hit the throttle and it took off.   He did it over and over, a strange looking but apparently very tough quad.

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2016, 09:24:12 am »
I never thought much of most airplane foams, though depron is pretty tough, but this stuff far surpasses it.  This foam is more like those stiff swim float board , or boogie board material, almost indestructible.
The speed and response of this little thing is wild fast and precise, because it is very light!
My ZMR 250 clone with no camera gear or landing gear dry is 360 grams.
This CK-250 w/landing gear, fpv camera and vtx comes in at 314 grams!
The ESCs' that come with it are HobbyWing which I like alot, and the motors look and fly good.  Don't really know anything about the OrignHobby 1806 motor.  Wonder if it is their motor or rebrand??
The aluminum is good grade, and the camera dampers are nice and durable.  i would like to get some of these dampers to replace ones on my 250.  The only thing plastic are the ESC windows and the landing gear. I also have discovered that heli style landing gear on a 250 is very nice and convenient!  Landing and take off is so easy with them on just about any surface.
I am counting my pennies and seriously thinking how I could pull it off and get one ordered and make it 4S with just a tad bit bigger motors and esc.  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:27:23 am by no config »