Map not showing in GCS
« on: April 21, 2016, 09:56:49 pm »
Hi all,

The map is not showing in the Flight Data tab. It just shows a gray screen with the quad in the middle.
The GCS apparently downloads the map, since the purple progress bar in the bottom right corner seems to work and fill up, but no map is shown.
I tried activating the OpenGL tab in the OPmap options but no difference. i also tried selecting different map services without luck.

UPDATE: I found the problem. First i was changing the "default" template in the OPmap settings. Apparently this is not the one being used. By default the OPmap comes with 3 templates: Default, GoogleSatellite and Memory.. It turns out that it was using the GoogleSatellite template, but apparently that particular service is not working. I changed the service to Googlemap and its working great.

Any ideas on why the Google satellite service is not working?

UPDATE2: Google Satellite China and Bing Satellite are working great.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:00:45 pm by kempohaken »

hwh

Re: Map not showing in GCS
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:27:26 pm »
About a month ago Google changed something in their API that required changes in our code.   The changes have been committed to the next branch and will be in the next release.

To see the one being used (and change it if you want) check window -> edit gadgets mode.   That lets you modify the screen layout and change the relative sizes of the map and other features.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 11:43:48 pm »
Thanks!
Nice to know about the Edit Gadgets Mode.

FPV-G

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:20:10 am »
Hi,  I have been trying to get the map loaded in my GCS Flight data window for  last few days , nothing is working

tried out Map ripping , changing the map to OpenStreet , bing  ect.  ServerOnly  , Chache ... nothing is working , any idea ?

any way to download a map separately and add to GCS  ?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 12:46:00 pm »
Try Edit gadget mode, just to be sure you edit and made changes in Options for the Map that displayed in GCS.
Just tested using "server only" and at least Bing, BingSat and OpenStreetMap works fine using 15.09

Moved your post here, no need to start a new thread.

FPV-G

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 08:02:27 pm »
HI all , Thanks a lot. finally it's working on Google sat ..... Great ... I am going to try out some autonomous flights :)

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 03:26:02 pm »
Hi!

Does anyone know why my map won`t show?

Edit: Thanks! Works now! :D

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:11:44 am by Chris2re »

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »
The latest additions to my quad system were a Oplink mini ground station and OP GPS module.  With some help from the Forum, the ground station works.  The GPS display on the right side of the PFD screen shows a vehicle icon that rotates when the vehicle is rotated on bench testing, but there's no map, just a blank screen.  Is there anything I need to do to download and/or install a map?
Thanks.   

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 05:41:01 pm »
Post moved here, look previous posts and set map to Bing/BingSatellite.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 01:20:09 am »
Map is now showing in GCS.  The vehicle icon is now located off the coast of Africa.  It appears to be on the equator at the prime meridian.  Should the OP GPS eventually acquire enough satellites to locate itself, or is there a procedure for calibrating it? 

hwh

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:09:00 am »
If the gps ever gets a fix the craft will move to the gps location.   

It you don't like the weather off Africa you can right click on your location in the map and set the home location there.   You can also set the default location and zoom for the map (and a lot of other things) in that right click menu.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 01:39:40 pm »
Hello,

It seems like I have the same problems like you have, the map in Flightdata is grey an doesn't show anything but the quad in the middle. The map is loading, as the blue progressbar is working fine, but does't show it.

Where can I find OPmap settings to change the used map template? (or "set map to Bing/BingSatellite")
Or is there anything you know I could do?

Thanks, Lukas

hwh

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 06:24:09 pm »
You don't say what GCS you're running (the problem in this thread was fixed for 16.09RCx) but the settings are in Tools -> Options -> OPMap.  If you haven't changed anything you'll be using the default set.  You can see which you're using by Window -> edit gadgets mode while the PFD and Map tab is selected.

Another thing that sometimes causes problems with the map is upgrading and not starting GCS with the reset flag.  File -> GCS settings Import/Export -> Reset Config.