Linux Build, Error make: *** [qt_sdk_install] Error 3
« on: April 23, 2016, 01:44:46 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to setup build for GCS, in-order to learn further about way-point sequencing between GCS and CC

Presently using Ubuntu as my build machine running on Virtualbox, See the configuration in the images attached below

As per the build steps mentioned in the following link, I followed each one and finally when I tried to run make all_sdk_install, but suddenly I am receiving the error "make: *** [qt_sdk_install] Error 3"

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Linux+-+Building+and+Packaging

I thought, it may be related to qt_sdk, hence I manually installed the  Qt SDK for the purpose (See the image attached), Nevertheless, I am receiving the same error afterwards, Please some-one help me to resolve this, Thanks in advance

Regards
Jithu

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Linux Build, Error make: *** [qt_sdk_install] Error 3
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 01:58:19 pm »
The error cause is quite simple, since 5.6 Qt do not provide i686 prebuilt binaries (or Qt installer) so you cannot install Qt in /tools

Try this, without any waranty:
Code: [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:librepilot/tools -y
sudo apt-get update -q
sudo apt-get install -y libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libsdl1.2-dev python libopenscenegraph-dev qt56-meta-minimal qt56svg qt56script qt56serialport qt56multimedia qt56translations qt56tools qt56quickcontrols
make  arm_sdk_install
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/qt56/bin && /opt/qt56/bin/qt56-env.sh && make opfw_resource && make gcs GCS_EXTRA_CONF=osg
./build/librepilot-gcs_release/bin/librepilot-gcs

Or install a VM with x86_64
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:23:37 pm by f5soh »

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 02:05:15 pm »
Hey,

Thanks for that quick response, but how did you find out the reason for the build error, I cannot see anything from the error message, I am new to QT, is it something already known to the QT developers? Anyway I will go for the x64 version, rather than the trials, Thanks :)

Regards
Jithu

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 02:14:16 pm »
From tools.mk

Code: [Select]
ifeq ($(UNAME), Linux)
    ifeq ($(ARCH), x86_64)
        QT_SDK_ARCH    := gcc_64
        QT_SDK_URL     := http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/$(QT_SHORT_VERSION)/$(QT_VERSION)/qt-opensource-linux-x64-$(QT_VERSION).run
        QT_SDK_MD5_URL := http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/$(QT_SHORT_VERSION)/$(QT_VERSION)/md5sums.txt
        OSG_URL        := $(TOOLS_URL)/osg-3.5.1-linux-x64-qt-$(QT_VERSION).tar.gz
        OSGEARTH_URL   := $(TOOLS_URL)/osgearth-2.7-linux-x64-qt-$(QT_VERSION).tar.gz
    else
# x32 for linux no longer provided as pre-built binaries.
    endif

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 02:19:02 pm »
Thanks again :)