f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Recommended sources for OpenPilot Revolution board bundle/kit?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 11:59:29 am »
What's wrong with the colored inputs type?

Did you look the picture ? Look where they put the power led ?
This one do not follow original design, nothing more

Can't find anyones other than that. Hobbyking's which i picked up has colored inputs
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/openpilot-cc3d-revolution-flight-controller-with-op-gps-for-fpv-multicopter-quadcopter.html
http://www.thanksbuyer.com/openpiolot-cc3d-revolution-flight-controller-board-oplink-mini-cc3d-revo-transceiver-tx-rx-module-40847

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 06:13:08 pm »
So the ones with the colored inputs have different designs. Is that definitively a problem since you earlier said to avoid them?

hwh

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 10:19:00 pm »
I have one of the ones with the colorful connectors and it works fine.   There are good and bad ones from every seller.  If you get a bad one complain to the seller and get them to replace it.

The Chinese didn't actually redesign the board, they just laid out the components differently and changed the value of a couple.  Most of their changes were to make it easier and less expensive to manufacture and work on.  The original had a lot of 0402 size (very tiny) components and the Chinese replaced them with the larger 0603 size to make them easier to work with.  A few places like the power led they cut the spacing a little smaller than we'd like.

Mateusz

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 10:45:27 pm »
I think 0603 are pretty standard, I don't see why one would need to use 0402 as those are more expensive, for DIY even 0805 are popular or bigger.
I don't mind changing components size, as long as they use the same values ;) As we know, they changed regulator in some boards without changing capacitor to match new one.

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 05:11:17 am »
So I can't calibrate my barometer.

Going to contact hobbyking about this.

hwh

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 05:58:59 am »
That seems like a really small temperature range, how long did you leave it in the freezer before you took it out and ran the calibration?

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 04:49:01 pm »
That seems like a really small temperature range, how long did you leave it in the freezer before you took it out and ran the calibration?

Oh, I've got to leave it in the freezer? I'll try that.

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 06:26:10 pm »
Thanks. That worked for me. Barometer is calibrated now.

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 06:36:52 pm »
Now regarding the barometer, how much noise is acceptable? It was calibrated with a 25 degree sampling range. The below picture is of the board being left stationary on the table.

hwh

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 07:00:20 pm »
I usually think of it in terms of altitude variation where 1 to maybe 1.5 meters variation is reasonable.  Your pressure variation looks like it's about 10 or 12 thousandths and I think thats also a good value.  The bad ones jump much greater values.

The thread https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=311.0 goes over it in great detail.