Pete

Closed code
« on: September 10, 2015, 07:31:54 pm »
I want to make this public to maybe get some changes and start fixing things.

I have been told by a user Laurent in private message that there is code kept closed here. I was invited to this project with the promise it is "fully open" but this is not.

Can the people in charge be honest and say what is being kept closed?

I know some Lua scripting features are closed as I was told to help on the openpilot version. How can I help on closed source?

Very sad to see this, this damages all projects called Libre. Do not take this path with this project please as it will not survive. 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Closed code
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 08:26:27 pm »
I have the suspect that this is just trolling for several reason.

Anyway that was being coded during the OpenPilot times. Now the repository where it was sitting is gone and it is  not published anywhere yet as the people that was working on it had not yet time to pick that code and fix it to be used in LibrePilot. I would also leave apart the hasty generalization of your arguments about closeness of LibrePilot (one non public branch pushed on previous project -OpenPilot- make LibrePilot project closed, seriously?) .

​All LibrePilot code is here :
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/src

​Pull requests are here :
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/

Git workflow is here :
https://github.com/librepilot/LibrePilot/wiki/Git-Workflow

Pete

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 08:44:58 pm »
No I am not a troll and I do not like that. I would like a real free software project that is really open with no games, nothing more.

_YOU_ send me messages to check my invite I did not contact you.

I offered to take some work from taulabs and you told me there was eLua being worked on, fine, is better anyway so I asked to help with that you said code is closed till for review. Told me to take older code from openpilot project instead.

Code is pushed in public at openpilot but it is closed here, you think I am not see it? A project with walled garden approach is not right and I tell you in PM no project called Libre acts this way all are really open.

To restore my name integrity please publish all messages exchanged and you have my permission, do this unaltered and people will see I am no troll. I was trying to help, people should be told honestly what is open and what is closed, then make a choice.

Very big shame as we need a real open project that supports everyone and all hardware like genuine free software, not with parts closed till review.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:16:41 pm »
_YOU_ send me messages to check my invite I did not contact you.

_I_ ask you who invited you, nothing more. And next i tell you user that invited you is not part of LibrePilot team.

I offered to take some work from taulabs and you told me there was eLua being worked on, fine, is better anyway so I asked to help with that you said code is closed till for review. Told me to take older code from openpilot project instead.

Yes, you're right Lua work was done in OpenPilot times.

Code is pushed in public at openpilot but it is closed here, you think I am not see it? A project with walled garden approach is not right and I tell you in PM no project called Libre acts this way all are really open.

We started work from OpenPilot rel-15.05 branch and moved this code to our LibrePilot Next, tell me whats wrong here ?
The only branch on bitbucket or github is Next, nothing closed or hidden, no private repo.

Seriously you think Lua scripting is a priority while we prepare current release ?

To restore my name integrity please publish all messages exchanged and you have my permission, do this unaltered and people will see I am no troll. I was trying to help, people should be told honestly what is open and what is closed, then make a choice.

Very big shame as we need a real open project that supports everyone and all hardware like genuine free software, not with parts closed till review.

Maybe find another project more "Open" or "Libre" if you think LibrePilot to not match your needs.