Transmitter Setup Wizard WON'T recognize pitch
« on: April 12, 2016, 05:27:54 am »
Hello everyone. This is not my first build, just for reference. I have completed my CC3D Librepilot setup and I noticed that when I get to the transmitter setup wizard, pitch will not be recognized.

Before any suggestions:

• My pins are in the correct placement.
• I have tried restarting GCS at least 20+ times.
• I have upgraded and erased the board multiple times.
• I have tested a different receiver on the board and it gives the same result.

Every other input is received perfectly, however pitch will not respond. Has anyone got a clue as to why this would be happening? Thanks in advance.

jbarchuk

Re: Transmitter Setup Wizard WON'T recognize pitch
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 07:25:52 am »
pitch will not be recognized.

• I have upgraded and erased the board multiple times.

That second line I quoted, don't bother trying anything further until Tx wizard works. No sense chasing step 'B' until step 'A' is passed.

These tips assume PWM not PPM....

Check for a bent/broken/missing pin in the Rx -> FC cable.

Triple check the Rx is plugged into the correct signal pin.

Start a 'New' model in the Tx, or reset that model to factory default, in case some other config there has moved or disabled the stick. I know that sounds weird but it's not impossible.

Swap the Pitch and Roll pins at the Tx and try the wizard again. The Tx wizard doesn't care what pins you plug them into in the FC it will detect a stick motion and assign things as appropriate. If you swap them and the pitch still fails then the problem is on the FC side. If the problem changed to the roll then the problem is on the Tx side. (I think I have that logic right. Regardless, the test is still valid.)