otshaw

OpenPilot Revo with GPS will not Arm HELP!
« on: April 10, 2016, 03:57:37 am »
I'm about to pull my hair out. All is Green across my Status Board say for an Orange Plan, everything appears to be working correctly... but no matter what I do I cannot get it to Arm. Even when I have it in 'Always Armed' ? I see that this is a fairly common problem and have attempted several different things to get me going but with out any positive results. I'm running 15.09, GPS M8N, All Calibrations went very well, Remote OpLink works great, All Inputs from Transmitter appear to be on the money, I've removed all advanced operations from my 3 Flight Modes. As I went through the original setup, Arming did work in the beginning. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated I'm stumped!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: OpenPilot Revo with GPS will not Arm HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 10:32:08 am »
Hi, welcome

Check alarms in SystemHealth panel.

Post your config file: File > Export UAV settings

otshaw

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 07:56:01 pm »
Thank you so much here is a screen capture of my Dashboard. I'm trying to figure out how to upload my Data file to Tapatalk?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

otshaw

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 09:09:24 pm »
Here you go... And thank you again!

otshaw

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 09:19:24 pm »
Here you go... And thank you again!
A few pictures of my Spider 700 Project perhaps a bit aggressive for a first Build??

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 09:30:12 pm »
Some remarks:
- Revert the FlightModeSettings > DisableSanityChecks > to False (for safety)

- Calibrate your Esc, all motors should start at same neutral value.

- Looks like your issue is related to the Radio calibration, you set manually the Throttle neutral to minimum value....
you cannot reach the -1 value needed for arming : Redo Tx wizard.

- Stick antenna to carbon frame is not a good idea for best range.

I see you set FusionAlgorithm to INS13: Are you sure your Mag readings are ok after you start motors ?

otshaw

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 09:56:30 pm »
Just to explain some of my actions...

- I set the DisableSanityChecks to True yesterday out of desperation I'll change that back.
- I will Calibrate my ESC, its a 4 in 1 device I hope no one has experienced issues with these devices.
- Yes I did mess with the Throttle thinking in was not down far enough to begin. I may be confused as to the numbers and how they are supposed to look. What is a typical ** Low - Mid - Max ** range that I should be using for the Throttle?
- The antenna will be mounted to the body, that fits over the frame, in the end product... I taped it down there while I was going through Calibration. 
- I have not gotten far enough to see what my Mag settings will do once the motors run? I hope these advanced features work as expected that's why I selected the Revo device.
And again Thank you for your feedback I'll let you no my results soon... I hope you don't mind providing the correct Throttle Numbers 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 10:06:29 pm »
No need to know the neutral value, just redo Tx wizard and Throttle neutral value is set automatically.
Usually 4% of the whole range.

otshaw

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 10:09:53 pm »
Got it, Will Do!

otshaw

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 11:04:57 pm »
Well unfortunately I've executed your recommendations and am experiencing the same issue... It will not Arm. Here's the current files... I see no negative numbers associated with my Throttle after the new Tx process?   

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 11:16:52 pm »
Do you have an option selected that is either not supported or is in conflict or not configured correctly?  I have made the mistake of making a modification at the bench only to not have it arm when i go outside to test.

otshaw

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 11:24:37 pm »
I believe everything is pretty much the Default settings. I did setup some advanced Flight Modes at first but they've all been rolled back. This is my first Build and OpenPilot board so I'm kind of at a loss as to my next step.. Other then buying a new board and assuming a hardware issue? 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 01:04:26 am »
There is nothing that should prevent arming....

Double check if you don't set some dual rates in your radio.

Check limits values using the PFD > RcInput panel and UavoBrowser > Data > ManualControlCommand

For arming you need Throttle = -1 and Roll right = 1 (assuming your arming setting is Roll right)

otshaw

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 02:45:27 am »
New friends, Thank you I have the Spider 700 Armed and spinning the Props!

Here was my mistake, Rookie no doubt... During set up, I configured for the four sticks and a 3 way Mode switch. I also have a gimbal actuated by a Servo assigned to a Pot on my 9Xtreme Transmitter, that I plugged all three wires into Channel 6 on my Receiver plug... and it worked/tipped fine.

When you started talking about channels, I unplugged the gimbal. And Bingo she fired right up. I'm happy now, this has been a challenge for me, I'm 64 and have really no drone experience at all. So far I've bought a cheap $50 Transmitter upgraded it to a 9Xtreme with Voice... Purchased the Frame kit from HK and began ordering parts. I'm thrilled its now running!

I've built my own Computers, Guitars and Harleys but this has been a real learning experience. I've asked only two folks, two questions, you guys and Painless360 on his YouTube Channel... But eventually figured them both out... Not too bad for an OLD BIKER! Anyway I now have to figure out how to tip my gimbal... Any suggestions??

And last but not least Thank you all for what you have done, I have a pretty extensive IT background and would love to be a Beta Tester or help you anyway I can in the future??
Again, Thanks!
Terry

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 12:20:00 am »
I am having some real issues as well getting the gps to work. Initially once I set the flexi port to gps, and try to calibrate, the HUD goes mad... it was suggested, so I had to solder in 2 more wires and make up my own connector for the mag, so the gps has 4 wires connected to the main port and the mag has 2 wires connected to the 2 right pins on the flexi port. Once I did that, the HUD settled down, but the compass does not respond to the gps module moving, only to the board. Now on the initial setup, the gps choices show the UBLOX only connected to one port...

With that done, the craft responds and flies fine. UNTIL.... I put position hold and gps assisted in one of the stabilization modes, then it refuses to arm... undo it and it arms and flies fine. And when I select INS13 the hud freezes. I am on the verge of purchasing another gps to try. thanks for any help