Aner

EzUHF+RSSI to Revo+ minimOSD
« on: March 26, 2016, 05:06:58 pm »
Anyone made the above described setup to be presented in the minimOSD?
What version of firmware is supposed to be used in the OSD?
How is the Revo supposed to be set up for this to work?
The EzUHF rx can be set up for giving RSSI signal through the PPM input signal (muxed PPM). Means that its coming in through the reciever port on the Revo board. But then what?
 What settings are  needed  in the GCS?

I found a website on the subject, it says that the appropriate firmware of the OSD must be used and the right settings in GCS must be made.
Yeah...but which of them...?

http://de.iee168.wikia.com/wiki/OSD_-_How_To_Access_Telemetry_Data

/Aner
/Aner

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: EzUHF+RSSI to Revo+ minimOSD
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 05:33:15 pm »
Looks like you miss the LibrePilot wiki:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup

EzUHF can be set to output rssi, look at download table for Revo+Rssi
You can use PPM input for your EzUHF, but we don't support "muxed PPM".

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 05:50:57 pm »
Ok, got it.

The link you posted describe how to configure "PPM Muxed" that mean the Rssi level is sent as a channel value.
Next they modify the OSD firmware and replace Rssi variable with the right channel value related to Rssi.

Aner

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 08:39:42 pm »
Looks like you miss the LibrePilot wiki:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup

EzUHF can be set to output rssi, look at download table for Revo+Rssi
You can use PPM input for your EzUHF, but we don't support "muxed PPM".

But the EzUHF produces a digital RSSI signal, that's the "problem" for most hardware -    they can only handle a analog signal for RSSI. But I guess the firmware "all_from_revo2303" (pink colored section of download list) is the right firmware  to use for my setup with EzUHF?
But then what, how/where do I feed the revo board with RSSI from EzUHF if the revo cant receive muxed PPM (which is exactly what I'm using and means all signals come through  one cable)
From the EzUHF I can choose if I want the RSSI to come as a PPM signal through the "muxed" signal, or I can direct it through a separate servo output on the EzUHF rx as a PWM signal.
But you're saying  EzUHF can produce a PPM signal with RSSI, but the revo board can't receive the RSSI signal through the "single PPM wire" in the receiver port? So...where do I input the RSSI from the EzUHF, and what type of signal PPM (muxed signal=the one common cable)or PWM (single cable for just RSSI)

/Aner
/Aner

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 08:59:51 pm »
Read again the link you posted:
Option 1: From CC3D/REVO over UAVTalk
EzUHF send Rssi value as a channel value to Revo board and next you need to compile your own OSD firmware modified.
That a hack, the Revo board get this Rssi value like any PPM channel input (driving the Yaw axis should be funny :) )

On same page you can see two others options (option2 and 3) , booth need a wire connected to OSD and may need the Revo+Rssi firmware version from Wiki.

Karver

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 11:49:46 am »
I'm going down this same path. I have Link Quality coming into the FC over PPM and that is verified. I have tried associating it with the collective channel and then compiled MiniOPosd to use chan6 by replacing this in AnalogRssi.ino and then disabling #define RSSI_ON_FC and enabling #define ANALOG_RSSI_ON_MINIMOSD 

osd_rssi = analogRead(RSSI_PIN) / 4;

with

osd_rssi = (uint8_t)(float)((osd_chan6_raw - 950) * .3f);

The result is RSSI still reads 100% and does no change with the channel. Am I on the right track? Why is there no option in OSD_Config.h to enable this and or select what function channel the PPM signal comes in on?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 04:08:17 pm »

Karver

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 07:06:13 pm »
Thank you for the quick reply!

I thought Assesory 0 would be seen as 6 only if collective was disabled. For testing currently I have my link quality signal coming into the controller on the collective channel as well as all the assesory channels. still the Rssi level displayed in OSD seems unchanged.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 07:19:07 pm by Karver »

Karver

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 01:23:33 am »
Ok, so it looks like my problem was in ArduOSD Config. when I enabled "RSSI enable raw" all of a sudden my RSSI meter in the OSD started to move when I turned my transmitter on and off (when the accessory channel moves)

Still don't have a working RSSI meter. New problem. OSD meter does not translate from 0% to 100%. Clearly this is way over my head.  When I change the 950 value in

osd_rssi = (uint8_t)(float)((osd_chan8_raw - 950) * .3f);

I can move the range but the results make no sense. I am just putting values in and watching the results but it's all over the map. the only consistent result is that I get one number when the transmitter is on and another when it's off.   My last attempt at 1100 gave me an on value of 14% and an off value of 175%. When I set it to 999 I get and on value of 44% and an off value of 0%. I also tried changing the the Min and Max RSSI values in ArduOSD Config thinking I could just set the range so my 44% actually read 100% but that did nothing.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:44:34 am by Karver »

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 01:47:10 am »
Hi, i am fighting exactly the same RSSI puzzle.
I have Dragonlink v3 though.
In the end, after massive hair loss, i've installed newest Dronin GCS, which has by default RSSI channel assignment (PPM, PWM, sBus, etc.).
For minomOsd i flashed MWOSD 1.6.

Issue solved.

I don't understand why LibrePilot doesn't support that.