having troubles with flightselection
« on: March 20, 2016, 02:54:53 pm »
whats the easiest setting in flight mode for a newbie.. before i destroy all my hard work and time on the build. i just cant make a good one for some reason. only a few times by accident.cant get back.thanks. i would like to just have a few peaceful, anxiety free flights today before i go back to work week. and the last few have been pretty stressful. have a great sunday everyone!!!!!
ωʉɱ ∞

Re: having troubles with flightselection
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 03:40:07 pm »
what i totally left out is ,im talking about fpv... i got the line of sight to where i feel comfortable. but when it try fpv. As soon as i put on the goggles im lost. by the time i get them back off i can barely get my unit back for not being able to see it well. I dont have gps but i think i need to look into it.
ωʉɱ ∞

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 03:51:08 pm »
Having lost plane alarm, osd showing RSSI and GPS coords and recording while flying really helps in FPV ;)

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 04:24:13 pm »
sounds expensive but really nice. I'm still hurting from buying the fatsharks. And i didnt even go for the most expensive pair. Those probably cost more than any one single component i have lol  And how long does it take to learn how to use it all effectively.. Does one board have the capabilities to do all this? i seen a skymax naze board that had some of those features for like $36. Then i guess you would need the modules to use the  supported features on the board?
ωʉɱ ∞

jbarchuk

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 07:13:26 pm »
what i totally left out is ,im talking about fpv...

Attitude is always easiest for any format because whenever you get confused about anything you can neutral the throttles and the quad will eventually slow down and stop.

FPV are you talking about trees or fields? Regardless, you need to be comfortable with the -aircraft- -views- from many different locations and angles. With a lot of trees that's nearly impossible because there are too many possibilities of different views from different locations and different angles.

How do you get comfortable and familiar with those views? For a field you need to go out and walk around and -look- at things, taking in a lot of details, so that later in the goggles you will have -already- -seen- those views.

-Plan- the course you're going to fly.

Walk the field along the course you plan.

Think about what things look like while walking, and try to think about and remember what those views will look like in the goggles.

Until you're -very- familiar and comfortable with FPV. you should *NEVER* be so far out that if you do take off the goggles the quad isn't in clear nearby view.

In a sense you're flying in your head, playing out the flight, so that later there will be no surprises.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 01:46:52 am »
very good advice, thank you. i think ive just been pushing too hard to force it..that really helped on my flights this evening. i let the attitude do its thing and kept my hand off the throttle and yaw and I was very stable and had soft landings instead of soft crashes ;D i have also been using the simulator with my TX and just got it set up to play over my fatsharks as well and i feel like its pretty accurate from my attempts at doing it unsuccessfully. Might sound stupid but i did some mundane things wearing the goggles and carrying the quad in front of me so i would have a better feel for what i was working with.. i want to be safe and as professional as possible to help be a good steward of the sport. i for one dont want to be a cause of tightening on rules and regulations due to carelessness. Thanks for the great advice friend. Have a great Sunday

ωʉɱ ∞

jtrout19

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 04:38:23 am »
OSD is not that expensive 10-15 dollars USD depending on where you buy them. Of course I am talking about the MinimOSD. I have the Micro version and while not exactly what i want visually. It is totally what I want information wise. RSSI depends on what receiver you have. I personally have a Frsky V8fr-ii which in its factory state does not do RSSI. A simple mod with a 25 cent capacitor and a 5 cent resistor and I now have RSSI from it. Not sure about the Lost Model Alarm because I do not have one so I cannot comment on that. For recording I think most A/V Receivers have dual outputs so just one run into a recorder. Or get a 20 dollar video capture device and run it to a laptop. There are ways to do SOME things without spending a whole lot of money. Personally I would of passed on the fatsharks and bought the Quanum DIY goggle kit. You get a bigger screen for one and then all that left over money to do other things on your quad. Oh and a GPS unit will set you back like 30 bucks. Still under a $100 USD.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 07:16:29 pm »
Thats very interesting. please elobrate on your rssi mod i have a ton of old electronics i keep in storage to use for parts such as resistors and capacitors. if you wouldnt mind. and the lost vehicle alarm i believe i have on my quad already. Just a few dolllar buzzer that can be controlled through an open channel. with the short flight times im getting i dont think it could get very far lol but then again it can disappear in the blink of an eye
ωʉɱ ∞

jtrout19

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 09:01:56 pm »
The mod i use taps onto the green led on my rx. As signal strength goes down light flashes slower. The cap is responsible for providing the reference signal.

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 02:01:28 am »
A lot of people have a hard time with orientation of small all black quadcopters. Some colored props and lights help but like you said it becomes a tiny black dot in seconds.

One tip is to fly some planes and get comfortable line of sight flying. When you get comfortable with planes you realize it's kind of easy because the plane is always moving forward. With time it becomes second nature. Always forward so turns and patterns become simple. Just apply the same to quads. Always keep it moving forward like a plane, and it becomes much more simple.

Then again flying is kind of hard. Animals are way better at it. We do our best.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 02:38:22 am »

Some colored props and lights help but like you said it becomes a tiny black dot in seconds.

yes sir agreed. i usually fly different colored props as well as using neon zip ties to hold down wiring,one color in front and another in the rear of the quad.but seconds can get away from you quick. I feel quite childish sometimes as i just want to be good already lol. but the 40yrs I have spent living knowns nothing good comes easy but love. and i love flying. always have. even if just a passenger in and airplane since i was a child. The transfer i made from toy grade to the brushless real deal has be humbling. i thought since i had mastered the light weight toys , that i would just stroll in and own this thing. only to find out i was having to learn from scratch all over. Its been the difference between flying a feather and flying an elephant is all i can use to compare. gravity real want to crush my quad to the ground every chance it gets.its amazing how sturdy they are even at this heavy weight. Every crash is nerve racking all over again. I am really suprised i havent destroyed it yet. i guess if i feel up to it i might start building my backup just in case. thanks for your reply friend. have a great week.
ωʉɱ ∞

jtrout19

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 04:42:51 am »
I am going to be putting these style lights on mine http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-SMD-5050-RGB-LED-Strip-300-LEDs-Light-Flexible-60-M-12V-US-Non-Waterproof-/201159833502?hash=item2ed60f779e:g:3KQAAOSwDk5UATse. They come in the strip but you can cut them to the length you need. They are really bright. Use enough of them and fly at night people be thinking the damn thing is a little UFO ;)

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 01:46:21 pm »
LOL no doubt! Ive actually had the cops (popo) come to see what i was doing when i was doing a midnight flight. I got the h-king 250 ghost v4 ghostrider(green)LED frame. im still working on it. But the body is clear green and has LEDs all through it. Basically nothing but lights 4 motors and a battery. haha i cant wait to finsh it. i will post pics when completed. And i put in an order for a miniosd w/rssi and a gps mod. it says the work with a cc3d. i hope theyare right. i want to configure it andget ti done. One shot one kill. so im gonna do my homework before i even attempt it. any advice?
ωʉɱ ∞