CC3D not saving settings.
« on: March 23, 2016, 03:25:31 am »
Ive only been flying about a month, Only LOS at the moment. The issue im having at the moment is that the FC doesn't want to save my settings in the advanced tab. Ive been flying in rattitude and rate mode with my settings at 810 across the board, I jumped them to 1080 and realized that it was WAY too fast. I reset them to 810 but it doesn't want me to set the pitch to no greater than 800. I can set it to 810 on bank 2 and 810 on bank 3 but not on both at the same time. Itll save them until I disconnect the board, then they go back to 800. If I copy the settings from one bank to the other itll only let me have 810 on one bank and not the other. All the other tabs will allow 810, it only defaults back on the pitch.  any info would be appreciated. Im gonna go through the setup again and see if that helps.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D not saving settings.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:13:06 am »
Hi, welcome. Take a look here:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=706.0

Also remember the board cannot save settings if currently armed.

Laurent

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 03:44:58 am »
Thank you for your response. The only thing it affects is the pitch factor. I can not set it it to any more than 800 in all 3 banks. I can set it as high as I want in any 2 banks, but the other one will always go back to 800. Is that correct? The way around it that I'm doing, is setting it lower in bank 1 because that is set to attitude, the other banks seem to let me set them to whatever I want then. Just seems weird, I don't remember it doing that before but maybe it did. I've changed the settings a few times and don't remember.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 03:46:16 am »
Oh, and it won't let me set the yaw to more than 180 on the attitude tab, before I could set it to whatever I wanted.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 07:23:17 am »
This issues seems fixed for next release

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 01:25:00 am »
Ok, when will the next release be coming out? Im beyond frustrated. I had the cc3d all working, as far as I thought, I changed some rates and now it is not the same. The new issues im having as far as I can see are... Under advanced setting tab, I use 3 flight modes, 1 is attitude, 2 is rattitude and 3 is rate. It wont let me set the yaw greater than 180 on the attitude tab, the other yaw tabs will allow me to set it to whatever I want, currently 450. The other 2 tabs are the same as each other, 900 on pitch and roll, 450 on yaw, except for the exception of pitch which always resets to 800 on one of them. It wont let me set the d/s to 900 on both banks, roll and yaw can be the same on both but pitch always defaults to 800 when I go back to it. I don't remember it doing that before, I had it set at 810. I haven't flown acro+ which I have read that I can set the initial settings lower and have it go to manual at high stick imputs, but I haven't tried that yet. Just been flying in rate and rattitude. the other thing is it wont arm by pitching forward, which I had it set to previously, it seems to only work in always armed. Maybe im doing something wrong but im not sure. Ive rerun it through the setup wizard and transmitter setup numerous times with the same result, is there something I need to do before disconnecting from the computer? I run it through and click disconnect, do the sticks need to be centered or anything? Im just not getting why this is so difficult to get a consistent result, it seems to work one min then connect to the computer to make adjustments and then it doesn't work. Any info is appreciated. thank you

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 01:26:43 am »
Just some info, its on a robocat 270 frame with emax 2204 motors and 12 amp WST oneshot ecs's, 6x4.5 props

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 07:24:58 am »
Im just not getting why this is so difficult to get a consistent result, it seems to work one min then connect to the computer to make adjustments and then it doesn't work. Any info is appreciated. thank you

Info is here:
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/144/lp-194-stabilization-tab-remove-attitude/diff#Lground/gcs/src/plugins/config/stabilization.uiF1039

Some numbers are limited to 800.
If you want real high rates, without any limitation try Acro+

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 01:38:15 pm »
I wasn't trying to not have any limits, I bumped the rates up to 1080 and that seemed way to fast. Crashed the crap out of it. 900 is getting up there, for now at least. Not sure what info was in that link, but all I saw was lines of code which might as well be written in German for me.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 04:03:59 pm »
Well, that code indeed.
You asked for information, i post information that show the fix for your issue.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 01:10:38 am »
very true, you did post the info I was looking for, only if I knew what it all meant. Is there a projected date for the new release?

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 01:14:12 am »
another question, what would taking the yaw tab out of the attitude mode accomplish? Is it just less to deal with? Will the yaw in attitude be the same as the yaw in rate?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 08:57:42 am »
Attitude was never used for Yaw axis, this is why we remove it from Stabilization tab.
Same pull request i posted the link above.

No date for release, need extra work.

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 12:48:49 am »
well ive been playing with the program for hours now and still wont arm unless I set it to always armed. Checked the system for alarms and there aren't any. As far as the settings, itll save them while im on the computer, but sometimes switches the pitch back to 800 in settings bank 2, 3 stays at 900. Now im just trying to get it to arm properly.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 04:00:19 am »
After all that messing around, I went back in tonight and changed my rate mode bank from cruise control to manual and in the transmitter tab made sure the computer was mirroring my stick movements and now it arms properly, I have it set to yaw left. We'll have to see how it goes from here. Not sure why it works now but it does. Haven't flown it yet but I'll keep my fingers crossed. As far as the pitch setting changing to 800, still does it, but it'll save as 900 while I'm connected so I hope thats what it's saved as after I disconnect.