My Revolution does not work in flight mode
« on: March 07, 2017, 01:07:24 pm »
Please someone who can help me,
Buy a revolution and in normal flight works well, but when configured for flight assisted by GPS is unstable.

Mateusz

Re: My Revolution does not work in flight mode
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 01:47:00 pm »
Please someone who can help me,
Buy a revolution and in normal flight works well, but when configured for flight assisted by GPS is unstable.

is that your first copter ? What is your experience level ?
Generally, "does not work in fight mode" is hard to guess. I would suggest to give a bit more details on your build/specs/photos perhaps configuration.
It is not as simple as connecting these together and enabling it in software. You will need to know/learn and tune a bit and that can take some time.

I don't know what is "Normal" flight mode as such thing does not exist in GCS, but I assume you are using Complementary Basic state estimation and Flight mode Attitude with GPS assist.
For best results you would do:
  • Make sure your copter flies perfect in Complementary and has well tuned PIDs
  • Make sure all your sensors (with no exception) are calibrated and functional
  • Magnetometer you are using is external one far from power wires (preferably on a mast with gps), and power wires are twisted.
  • Magnetometer calibration is good, all time green even when motors spin and calibrated outdoors with full build far from metallic items
  • Baro and gyro both have good calibration (including temp calibration dark and motionless)
  • Altitude hold/Altitude vario works perfect with Complementary

This is minimum, additional things might be necessary, if you have vibrations for example. But the list above is to keep it simple.
If you did above, only then you can switch to INS13 and try first Position Hold. If position hold works then you can try GPS assist.

I suggest these post to read, if you are new https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=15.msg36#msg36
And various related topics on Wiki https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Sensor+calibration

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 10:52:42 pm »
Hello and sorry for the delay I have been flying planes for a while and I wanted to try drone. Enpece with cc3d and for my bad luck I got lost in a test flight now eh acquired a Revolution and op gps without compass that is for the same. I do my first flight tests in complementary basic mode and fly perfect step to altitudehold and altitude and goes perfect. But when i try to gps navigation (ins13) it does this. in the video

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:53:42 pm »

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:06:03 am »
The main thing is that you should not use INS13 Indoor.  You should use the "GPS Navigation (INS13)" version.

I see that your GPS and Input are red.  On a working quad, Input should never be red, so this can't fly even with Basic.  :(

Also Home Location must be set, and GPS and mag must be green so that it can arm.  Once you have that, it should work OK.

Be aware that INS13 does not like to be motionless (for several minutes, like if you are waiting for GPS to go green, but it went green minutes ago, can cause a problem).  If it sets motionless with ATTI and STAB already green, it will get stale and ATTI will go yellow.  You will need to rotate it around by hand to fix that before flight.  If I am waiting for GPS to go green I set it down for a while to wait for GPS, then when I think it has been long enough I pick it up and move it around, set it back down, arm, fly.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 03:54:30 pm »
Thank you for your attention, but I have a question. First calibrate the sensors and then select gps navigation ins13 or first select navigation ins13 and then calibrate sensors

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 04:51:13 pm »
It shouldn't matter, but it does in that you get a better levelling calibration for INS13 if INS13 is running.  Not the board level, the other one, the one where you rotate the quad 180 yaw and do it a second time.

The reason is that INS13 uses both mags and accels to determine what is level, so it is slightly different from Basic which only uses accels.  But that is only as good as your landing gear are straight unless you use a spirit level across the arms, and that is only perfect if you are NOT flying a tricopter and all the motors are mounted perfectly vertical.  There are so many if's there that I don't bother to get this adustment perfect.  I adjust Attitude -> "Rotate Virtual..." for motionless hover when there is no wind.  That takes all these things into account.  :)

This really doesn't matter much at all.  I don't think many actually bother to understand this.  :)

If you want it perfect for both Basic and INS13, do this, so that it is level when you change from one to the other.
Search for the "Fine Tuning Your Hover To Stop Drift (Not Required)" section in this link.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Aux+Mag+Setup+and+Calibration

Mateusz

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 05:37:30 pm »
INS13 is Extended Kalman Filtering implemented for navigation with 13 states. It uses all sensors. Complementary is the approximation used old days and it uses just gyro and accel. Using either does not affect your calibration results. But INS13 needs more things right. Also INS13 is required for navigation/GPS flight modes if you want to use them. GPS alone has couple of meters error so it needs to be corrected with other sensors.