daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Bluetooth
« on: March 20, 2016, 02:43:03 pm »
I like the OPlink setup so well that I got confident enough to try Bluetooth again. I bought another HC-06 module.

I have used PuTTY and Arduino to try to set up the modules. I had one "OK" response to the last module when I prompted AT. But when I tried "AT+BAUD7" it quit responding. I have two modules that do the same thing now: nothing.

My (Linux) laptop recognizes the modules but will not pair with them.

Anyone have any experience here?

Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 02:52:28 pm »
After you send "AT+BAUD7" you need to change the baudrate to 57600 to continue talking with your module.

And no need Arduino stuff, just use your board as Combridge:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+bluetooth+for+telemetry
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:56:40 pm by f5soh »

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 03:07:54 pm »
I changed baud rate to 57600 in Arduino- no result.
I have baud rate set in  Configuration / Hardware / Telemetry 57600

Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 03:15:52 am »
With the help of the following URL I brute forced both bluetooth modules back to life. I can see them but when I power on my bluetooth in my laptop it stays connected to DJ250 (bluetooth) for 4 seconds and then disconnects. I have tried 57600 and 38400 both. My laptop see the HC-06 module in Amarillo, too, and connects for 4 seconds also. 

http://www.plastibots.com/index.php/2013/12/31/hc-06-bluetooth-module-getting-this-sucker-into-at-command-mode/

Progress. But I don't have telemetry yet.

Oh, and I changed to "main port" == telemetry and telemetry == 38400 or 57600 whichever is appropriate.

Anyone know enough Ubuntu to talk my laptop into staying connected? The bluetooth connects to my telephone just fine.
Happy Landings!

hwh

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 03:24:32 am »
On my ubuntu (actually xbuntu) when I go into the bluetooth manager and tell it to connect the hc06 the first time it appears to work but although gcs sees the port it can't connect to it.  I then go into bluetooth manager, disconnect, and connect again.  Then gcs can connect through the port (I don't have it hooked up right now, something like /dev/rfcomm0) just fine and works until the next time.

This is consistent behavior, it does this every time.   I'm not sure if it's a bug in Blueman device manager or the OS or gcs.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 12:31:37 pm »
Thanks.
I tried different combinations of reboot: heli, bluetooth dongle, bluetooth manager, bluetooth on and off with drop-down menu.

Bluetooth manager can't turn connection to a single HC-06 on. Only the drop-down can turn "DJ250" connection on. And then it stays on for only 4 seconds.

Since both HC-06s behave the same maybe it is time to try another BT dongle?
Happy Landings!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 10:03:50 pm »
Please note using 15.09 the Telemetry works only @57600, maybe related.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 10:24:24 pm »
Thanks for that. New information for me. I appreciate it.

One BT module is 57600 and I switched the other to 38400. Neither works but I will put them both on 57600.

Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 02:43:11 pm »
I am giving up on Bluetooth.

I have tried: 2 dongles, 2 HC-06s, 2 different computers, 2 operating systems (ubuntu and Win), 2 helicopters, 2 different TXs, several different HC-06 configurators, all of that many times.

A Ubuntu 'expert' said Asus dongle works but ubuntu says it is identical to the Insignia brand dongle that I already own.  It works for my phone but not for a heli.

When I have Telemetry (57600) configured for my 'Main Port' the heli usually won't bind to my TX. I tried switching to 'Flexi Port'  with the same result. It won't fly. With USB connected it will respond to TX but obviously no data can flow through BT because USB is primary.
Both 250s (DJ250 and Amarillo) behave nearly the same and both have Spektrum DSMX sats and Atoms.

The only difference is that sometimes when Amarillo binds to my TX  the #2 servo goes all the way to minimum without the USB connected. With USB connected it behaves better.

I reconfigured both for no bluetooth or Telemetry. I am going flying.
Happy Landings!