andriod app?
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:00:39 am »
Hello to the Team of LibrePilot,

Is an android app developed for the future?

Best regards!

youwei

Re: andriod app?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »
I think that android could be a great GCS with it's OTG function.
 Did any developer find that if you can use oplink and android OS other than use a PC.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:57:54 am »
GCS on a hand held device is a long way down the road.  It is being discussed, but there are many other things that have higher priority.  It needs a team that is willing to spend serious time on it.

cato

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 01:42:22 pm »
While waiting for that, a good option is to use a netbook or a tablet with windows on it. I am using an Asus T100. It adds one kilo if you take it with keyboard, only 500g if you have a usb adaptor cable to micro-usb and only use the tablet part. Any tablet with windows on it may do as well, as long as you can connect it to the Oplink modem.

Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 07:52:33 pm »
It would be nice is a Linux based tablet, you can then run Linux GCS version on that.

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 08:41:16 am »
To test the Android app that is just being developed, send me a pm.

Sid

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 06:03:54 pm »
I just tried the new  LP2Go Android app and I wanted to tell you guys this is an awesome app. I know there are a few things
need to be added and get polished but I love it so far and wanted to thank you guys for all the effort spending toward to this program.
So far I could check my Mag and other sensors to see how the are doing while flying around and the best future is the capability to
Log which I don't know to use it or replay back and what other App I need to download to order to view my Logs.
I don't want to be a pain in the ass and ask too much but it would be great to have access to settings also which I'm sure it is been
working on.
Keep up the good work you guys
Cheers
Sid

@marc

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 10:23:19 am »
Hi Sid,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

All of the requests you mentioned are planned, please keep in mind that the whole App is build from scratch in the last 8 weeks or so. There is much to come. It will, however, never be a GCS clone. The app will focus on usage "in the field".

For the logs, you just need any other app that receives files, for example Google Drive or Dropbox or Google Mail or WhatsApp or Telegram or whatever. For example, share the log with your Google Drive, sync it to your computer and use GCS on your computer to replay.

Thanks again for testing!  ;D

Marc

cato

Re: android app?
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 01:22:02 pm »
I've taken a first look and can only agree, looks very promising. My way to share the logs is dropsync, btw, which can be a fully automomized process: whenever a log gets stored on the android, I can directly access it from my laptop's dropbox folder :)
At least that's the way I will do it :)

PS: and can someone maybe change the topic, it's Android not Andriod :D
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

Sid

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 03:23:04 am »
Well done for only 8 weeks LP2Go. I didnt realised the app is that new so please forgive me if I've said something wrong.
I'm getting lost here (an old fart or just a simple idiot). :o  OK I have Google drive on my phone and my computer and I
can sync or download the log to my computer but where in the GCS I can play it back?
Sid

jbarchuk

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 05:00:14 am »
I'm getting lost here (an old fart or just a simple idiot). :o

I can vouch by personal experience that the two are not mutually exclusive.  ;)

@marc

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 09:02:31 am »
but where in the GCS I can play it back

On the bottom right, disconnect your FC, the select logfile, then connect.

Sid

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 05:01:13 am »
Awesome. I love it. So easy after all I could replay log. Thank you guys
Sid