f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2016, 10:27:55 pm »
Be sure you can thrust your +5V source and apply +5V first without USB connected.
Check wiring / bad contact.

Mag alarm in SystemHealth should be green only if you use a FusionAlgorithm that use Mag. Complementary do not use Mag.
Attitude > Magnetometer to not take in account the FusionAlgorithm and show similar alarm for both mags

heubie

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2016, 10:43:40 pm »
I am sure 5V is oke because GPS works fine (and the AuxMag is on the same PCB)

I running on the INS13 setting (or INS13 indoor for calibration as is mentioned in the calibartion video)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 10:52:22 pm »
Check voltage.
Here i am sure it works in my test quad :)

heubie

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2016, 10:56:04 pm »
I will do this tommorow and report back. Thanks for your replies so far.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2016, 11:10:08 pm »
For all Windows builders:

Code: [Select]
git pull
update-core
pacman -Su

Add Librepilot repo and redo package install from list on Wiki page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Windows+Building+and+Packaging#WindowsBuildingandPackaging-AddLibrePilotMinGWrepository

heubie

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2016, 10:19:20 am »
Check 5V supply -> OK
re-route 5V supply from direct from the power-board i.s.o. one of the ESC -> same behavior.

Check various settings of Mag Usage and Mag type -> same behavior.

Is there some sort of logging on the revo itself during booting on battery  only which I can check?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2016, 05:04:08 pm »
Check 5V supply -> OK
re-route 5V supply from direct from the power-board i.s.o. one of the ESC -> same behavior.

Check various settings of Mag Usage and Mag type -> same behavior.

You can do all you want, if still the I2C alarm you cannot use I2C.
git pull and build again Gcs, you should have something with GCS15.09+r552
Do Upgrade&Erase

Replace current firmware with file attached:
- Rescue
- Connect board
- Load firmware you saved
- Flash

Redo Wizard but without Upgrade, keep the firmware you flashed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:11:05 pm by f5soh »

ptbh

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2016, 10:17:35 pm »
In your case the modelview cause Flight Data tab crash.

Go to another tab and check Edit gadget mode into Windows menu
Add OpMap widget where you want

Thanks for this, and yes, it does appear to be the 'Model View' widget that causes GCS to close.  Same happened when I chose it from the gadgets' menu.

This evening I was able to set my home location and run through all the calibrations (except for temperature).  The new page showing the mag status is very helpful and following calibration both the on-board and auxiliary mags were green.  I selected INS13 and set a couple of the flight modes: one to altitude hold, the other to GPS assist.

Take off was a little unsteady and at first the quad seemed less stable than in complementary mode.  Altitude hold seemed to work OK, which I assume uses just the barometer?  I then tried GPS assist, which seemed to drift a little to start with.  However, it did appear to hold its position reasonably well.  It was getting dark by this time so I decided to call it a day, but a good day given the great success of being able to fly with INS13 for the first time.

For reference, I am using a DJI Naza compatible GPS on the Flexi Port and S-bus on the Main Port.  I was using the Aux Mag only too.  I do have a GPS with I2C mag but that would have required me to use the Flexi IO port for the RX rather than S-Bus.

Anyway, thanks F5soh for your assistance and to all the others contributing to the software and support on this forum, much appreciated.  Hopefully the weather will be good at the weekend and I can experiment a little more.

heubie

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2016, 09:16:12 am »

You can do all you want, if still the I2C alarm you cannot use I2C.
git pull and build again Gcs, you should have something with GCS15.09+r552
Do Upgrade&Erase

Replace current firmware with file attached:
- Rescue
- Connect board
- Load firmware you saved
- Flash

Redo Wizard but without Upgrade, keep the firmware you flashed.

I had some trouble building the software but finaly got it.
First I check the behaviour from the firmware from the build -> I2C orange ( Attitude, and Stab are green) and after reboot with GCS I2C,  Attitude, and Stab are green.
Flashed the firmware from the attachment -> I2C orange ( Attitude, and Stab are green) and after reboot with GCS I2C,  Attitude, and Stab are green

So for both firmware's I still have the problem that a boot with "battery only" does not enable the AuxMag.

I am updating my Technic Lego frame so I have to finish that first to be able to do a testfilght but I think
that by connecting the battery -> wait for boot -> connect the USB -> use GCS to reboot the board (I2C, Attitude, GSM and Stab are green)-> remove the USB
the drone should fly as a normal. Hope to check that this weekend.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2016, 10:37:30 am »
Do you have another I2c to test ?

Please post your config file: File > Export UAV settings

heubie

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2016, 12:00:52 pm »
this is my config. (no calibrations done)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2016, 03:36:23 pm »
Your config file works perfectly here.
Whats the marking on auxMag chip ?

heubie

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2016, 04:16:11 pm »
I attached a picture and the number is A983 2420. I cannot see what kind of logo of the brand.

This is btw before I connected the two wires.... :)

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2016, 06:00:29 pm »
It sounds to me like after power up, the GPS auxmag is taking a long time to start up.

During startup, if the code sees that USB is connected, it will delay a while (to see if you want to do a "rescue").  The bad part about booting on USB is that none of the external ports (e.g. main, flexi) are powered, so I2C aux mag won't work.

Try this for a test: plug in USB and then immediately (or after 1 second) plug in flight battery.  That may give it enough extra time for GPS auxmag to start up before the FC actually boots.  If this works, we may be able to increase an I2C timeout to get it to start up normally.

heubie

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2016, 06:37:19 pm »

Try this for a test: plug in USB and then immediately (or after 1 second) plug in flight battery.  That may give it enough extra time for GPS auxmag to start up before the FC actually boots.  If this works, we may be able to increase an I2C timeout to get it to start up normally.

I just did some testing:
If I put in the USB and direct after the battery (max 1 sec) the GCS connects in 1 or 2 times and AuxMag is recognized.

If I put in the USB and I wait just a little bit longer (not much longer dan 1 sec) the GCS software connetcts/disconnectes 3 times. Then it takes 2 to 4 seconds and the it connects for the 4 times and stays connected. The AuxMag is not recognized.