heubie

Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 11:48:28 pm »
Since the windows part did not work I decided to give Linux a try. I tool me two day's to get linux installed on my acer with UEFI bios.^&*(%^(&%^*&......
Only to find out that building the software did  not work either... qt5 and libssl error's......

So I'll give up and wait till it will be released. Back to the mag on the revo......

Fursys

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2016, 03:47:05 pm »
Now I'have builded without error and installed librepilot, but don't start:
"Unable to start... libpcre-1.dll.. is not present".
 :(

I have got same error in my system. Solved by adding ...msys64\mingw64\bin to PATH

heubie

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2016, 05:20:53 pm »
the  qt5 and libssl error's where in Linux.
Windows build without any error's but after install the librepilot-gcs.exe does not start.  Not even anything in the taskmanager.

ptbh

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 10:10:59 pm »
I think I am almost there getting the 'next' branch running with Windows.

I compiled the latest branch of 'next' last night, compiled successfully without the make errors previously encountered.  However, after installing GCS and trying to run it, it would not start, giving the same 'libpcre-1.dll not present' as reported by raffybuffy on March 31.  I located this dll in 'C:\msys64\mingw64\bin' and copied it to 'C:\Program Files\LibrePilot\bin'.  This allowed GCS to start, but clicking on any of the tabs in GCS resulted in it not responding.  I therefore copied all of the other dll files in C:\msys64\mingw64\bin to C:\Program Files\LibrePilot\bin (approach by Fursys today possibly better, adding C:\msys64\mingw64\bin to PATH).  This allows GCS to function and I have managed to set up my quad with it.  However, clicking on the flight data tab causes GCS to close, so I have not yet been able to set my home location to calibrate the sensors.  I suspect this may be due to another missing file.

Any clues as to how I may be able to fix this?  I keen to get my quad working with GPS which to date has not been possible due to problems with the Revo onboard mag.

Thanks in advance for any guidance given.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2016, 11:39:49 pm »
In your case the modelview cause Flight Data tab crash.

Go to another tab and check Edit gadget mode into Windows menu
Add OpMap widget where you want

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 08:48:43 am »
I tried building from the next branch and everything works, except for the PFD. When I go to the flight data tab I see the map, I see the sensors, but there's a giant blank white spot where the PFD should be. I checked the terminal and when it loads up, it says the Pfd.qml is not found. Well I checked to see what was in the pfd directory, and there wasn't even a directory! I checked back on the Github page, and even on there, there is no ground/gcs/src/share/ like there is on the 15.09 branch. Has anyone got it to work? I tried copying the pfd directory from my current install and that occupied the white spot, but it wasn't right.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 10:23:09 am »
You may need to reset your config.

File > Import/Export GCS settings > Reset and restart

If still don't work under windows, a pull request is waiting for that.

Moved post to "experimental" thread :)

heubie

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 08:46:19 pm »
I did also copy the dll's and gues what..... succes. The PFD does not work for me but I have another more serious issue.
When I use the setup wizzard and save the setting's using GPS and mag everything works fine.
I can calibrate everything but..... as soon as disconnect the usb and battery, and reconnect the battery first, and after boot reconnect the aux-mag is not recognized anymore. The only way to get it back working is to run the wizzard again.
Does anybody have this behaviour?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:50:47 pm by heubie »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 08:50:24 pm »
Wizard is Attitude > Magnetometer for you ?

Why you say "aux-mag is not recognized anymore", explain :)

heubie

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 08:55:59 pm »
The wizzard is the vehicle setup wizzard.

And when I look at Attitude > Magnetometer  > AuxMag not found

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2016, 09:27:05 pm »
Maybe you miss something to be saved ?

How about I2C alarm in systemHealth ?

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2016, 09:32:07 pm »
You may need to reset your config.

File > Import/Export GCS settings > Reset and restart

If still don't work under windows, a pull request is waiting for that.

Moved post to "experimental" thread :)

That worked! I'm using Arch Linux btw

I got it to work another way, but it was hacky and I think it might have screwed some stuff up. Like the transmitter is having many issues. It is very slow to go through the transmitter wizard. I can arm the quad, but can't take off.

The way I did it was taking the pfd directory from the qml directory and moved it where it wanted it. I also had to move some other files too, but the way you mentioned works a lot better, thanks!

heubie

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2016, 09:37:13 pm »
I double checked the saving.... :)

The I2C in system health is orange/yellow.

In the vehicle setup wizzard you have to choose your GPS selection. I have U-blox based + Mag.
Is this stored in the setting and if so where is it because I can only find AuxMag and GPSsettings
but cannot find the setting from the GPS-selection.

I did some more playing around I found that when AuxMag not found (and grayed out) and I go to the Firmware tab and do a Halt-Boot or a Reset the AuxMag turns green. It looks like the revo board does not boot (fully) when I  only connect the battery and that after the hookup  of the USB the running of the Vehicle setup Wizzard is not the solution but the reboot after this wizzard.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:54:35 pm by heubie »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2016, 10:06:12 pm »
If after a normal boot with battery only the I2C alarm is orange, no chance the I2c AuxMag works.

heubie

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2016, 10:21:39 pm »
Correct,what happens is that after normal boot battery only the I2C alarm is orange and the AuxMag in Attitude is not found and grayed out

But when his is the case I go to firmware-tab and do a Halt-boot or reset I2C alarm turn green and AuxMag in Attitude is green and all values are OK.

So it looks like the boot up after connecting only the battery does something strange.......