Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #300 on: June 30, 2016, 08:31:09 am »
MagSensor is always the onboard
AuxMagSensor is always the external mag
MagState is the one that obeys whether it is using onboard, or external or both

« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2016, 07:48:48 pm »
I understand, but my magstate says: "Source: Aux", my AuxMagSettings are set to "AuxOnly".
But it sill uses only the onboard mag. This is with build R816.

Really looks like a bug.....or i must do something wrong  ::) But as far as i can remember it was working on older 'next'  builds.

« Reply #302 on: July 03, 2016, 07:07:13 pm »
If the external compass is powered, the values in the system/data objects tab seems correct (and change if you turn the external compass), but the compass on the firmware tab does nothing. It changes direction only if you turn the Revo board. For some reason it seems that it uses it's onboard mag even if you select auxmag.

I haven't looked at the GCS code for that widget, but I am guessing that it uses AttitudeState, not MagState (etc).
AttitudeState uses mainly the gyros, and only uses the mag to correct for gyro drift IIRC.

« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2016, 07:18:29 pm »
I'm using my main port for my SBUS receiver and the FLEX port for the GPS.  Can the FLEX port be used for both, GPS and external mag?
Planning to use the flexIO for the OSD, just havent gotten that far yet.
Thanks

Jhinta

« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2016, 07:22:02 pm »
I'm using my main port for my SBUS receiver and the FLEX port for the GPS.  Can the FLEX port be used for both, GPS and external mag?
Thanks

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1110.270

« Reply #305 on: July 26, 2016, 06:24:36 am »
Thanks

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1110.270

Right, but my GPS is already in the flexi port so I can't connect the two I2C aux mag wires at the same time.  Becuase my SBUS receiver is in the main port, there is no way to make this work?
Thanks

« Reply #306 on: July 26, 2016, 06:36:41 am »
As I suspected, it can't be done.  Found my confirmation here: https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=868.0

Might look into one of these sparky controllers...

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #307 on: July 26, 2016, 06:48:24 am »
Hi, been following this thread and have successfully installed a DJI GPS and its built in mag to my REVO - Hexi.
Just have 4 wires going into the REVO main port.
Want to thank you boys for coding it in.
Those V9's are so hard to get.

I will make a video of it hovering and RTB tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:24:15 am by Wagsy »

« Reply #308 on: July 26, 2016, 05:33:55 pm »
Hmmm, I'll have to look into the DJI GPS if it's really 4-wire and includes a mag.  I assume this could also be used on the flexi port?

hwh

« Reply #309 on: July 26, 2016, 06:15:11 pm »
It can be plugged into either the main or flexi ports.

The "real" DJI brand ones go for about $75 USD on eBay and the clones go for around $30 on both eBay and the Chinese sites.  The DJI brand ones seem to be slightly more sensitive and stable but both work well.

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2016, 12:29:38 am »
Here is how I wired it up.
This GPS came with a NAZA FC.
Off to the park now to test and tune.
Will make a video.

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2016, 03:02:42 am »
Video to come but NAZA GPS works perfect with REVO. :)
Position Hold and RTB and land spot on, even in the wind.
Very happy, well done boys.
The key is to get those mags away from everything.

EDIT
Video from today using the DJI GPS.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:37:48 pm by Wagsy »

« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2016, 06:34:51 pm »
I'm new to this forum (and RC) but looking for insight...

I have a Revo with the Ublox M8N that I'm using on a 450 quad. I'm trying to use the Ext. Mag. on the M8N and have successfully soldered leads to the SLC/SDA pins on the M8N for connection to the I2C on the Revo.

I can configure and use the ext. mag. and have got it *reasonably* calibrated (< 5% error) but have problems on power-up:

With the ext mag connected to the I2C the quad will not always boot correctly – the esc+motors do not give a co-ordinated tone, instead (one by one) they will sound a tone and then start spinning regardless of arming or throttle settings.

If I disconnect ext. mag. then power-up it boots correctly every time – esc+motors give triple tone and everything is good. If I connect mag to I2C after that it's 50-50 whether the compass is calibrated or not.

Very frustrating because it can take 5 or 10 minutes to get a successful boot sequence where the quad is actually ready to fly. Any ideas on what is causing this? Timing issues or conflicts on the I2C bus interfering with signals to the ESCs?

Thanks for any info/experience that you can share!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2016, 06:43:22 pm »
Hi, welcome.

Moved post to the AuxMag thread.

Seems there is some issues on outputs while the I2c is used, maybe related to I2c errors.

You can try adding extra pullup resistors on GPS/Mag side, currently the onboard R3/R4 seems too high.
Be sure you got 3.3V and add two extra 10K resistors to the SDA/SCL pads, should be more easy to do in GPS/Mag pcb.

Revo AuxMag compass and wire question
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2016, 03:02:46 pm »
 Morning all,
    I received this GPS from Ebay yesterday. The mag chip is rotated 90 degrees clockwise, what do you type in mag orientation to make it correct to face front, +90?

Also two of the wires are not soldered in?  Before I write the Ebay vendor , I am pretty sure I need at least the ground wire soldered in.

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Steve