Mateusz

Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2016, 05:17:34 pm »
Ok thing to do
1-add a auxmag to gps in anyway.
2-twist a wire for mag field.
3-make a vodoo dance for goodluck

I try to do anything but i think is to fantascientific way for use mag revo board.

Nothing extraordinary about it, just basic physics. You can't expect magnetometer to measure weak and static magnetic field in the presence of stronger magnetic fields from your quadcopter. If these fields overlap how can you distinguish one from another ?
Revo is not a plug and play toy, you need to learn a bit to get everything working.

Jhinta

« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2016, 07:17:44 pm »
i'm duesing that there will come a option for time out in system? :P

Xviews

« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »
If you have the simple case of tilted motors, with FC and GPS mounted level to frame, you will have to adjust Configuration->Attitude->Settings->RotateVirtual->Pitch for level hover in Attitude mode.  This is just the negative of the motor tilt angle assuming that you tilt the motors forward for a racing quad.  You must determine and set that Pitch and then adjust (usually add the motor tilt angle) System->Settings->AuxMagSettings->BoardRotation->Pitch by the same amount (or the nearest integer).  So if you have 15 degree motor tilt for a racing quad and used auxmag pitch of 180 to get your mag sensor axes correct, then you need -15 for rotate virtual pitch and 195 for auxmag pitch

I think it must be Board Pitch -15 and Auxmag Orientation Pitch 165 ?

« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2016, 09:11:47 pm »
Ok thing to do
1-add a auxmag to gps in anyway.
2-twist a wire for mag field.
3-make a vodoo dance for goodluck

I try to do anything but i think is to fantascientific way for use mag revo board.

Nothing extraordinary about it, just basic physics. You can't expect magnetometer to measure weak and static magnetic field in the presence of stronger magnetic fields from your quadcopter. If these fields overlap how can you distinguish one from another ?
Revo is not a plug and play toy, you need to learn a bit to get everything working.

Ok this is a result of integration auxmag and gps on one must.
I do a calibration but the mag allarm is green most very most of time but the problem of center is always here with me :-)
Any help? I need a note do a calibrarion inside the house.

rabno1

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2016, 12:15:03 pm »
I've been trying out the next build to get my external mag working with my revo. I ran into the same problem of the mag not working unless I reboot the revo with the mag still powered. So I tried out the fw with the delay and the mag works great BUT for some reason when the flexi port is set to I2C it messes with the ESC startup. I'm guessing it must be holding the fc outputs at a value the ESCs don't like. Disabled the flexi port and the ESC startup is fine.
It also seems a bit unstable when it comes to the main and flexi port setting. Every so often after power cycling the fc the flexi/main setting would go back to disabled.
I've not tried the fw with the variable delay yet, I'll try it later today and let you all know how I get on with that.

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2016, 01:40:50 pm »
Output tab(motor) is set fine?50hz

Jhinta

« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2016, 01:49:55 pm »
I've been trying out the next build to get my external mag working with my revo. I ran into the same problem of the mag not working unless I reboot the revo with the mag still powered. So I tried out the fw with the delay and the mag works great BUT for some reason when the flexi port is set to I2C it messes with the ESC startup. I'm guessing it must be holding the fc outputs at a value the ESCs don't like. Disabled the flexi port and the ESC startup is fine.
It also seems a bit unstable when it comes to the main and flexi port setting. Every so often after power cycling the fc the flexi/main setting would go back to disabled.
I've not tried the fw with the variable delay yet, I'll try it later today and let you all know how I get on with that.
Also have this. Was thinking aboout updating esc first before saying this .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

rabno1

« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2016, 02:16:21 pm »
Yeah everything set OK for the outputs.
I've re calibrated my ESCs loads of times using different methods, vehicle setup wizard,  via output screen, individualy with only the rx.
They work perfect then all I change is the flexi port from disabled to I2C and they start acting strange (beep sequence I've never heard them make before). They just don't seem to initialize so can never arm or even use the test output function in the GCS.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2016, 02:40:31 pm »
If board hang at boot, the default settings are applied.
This means the output are not set and esc do not receive signal. In this case Esc do continuous beep.

Try to resolve the I2C issue first.
Test the custom firmware from here : https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1110.msg10186#msg10186
And find the delay you need modifying the GPSSettings>MinSatellites value used as delay setting.

For now two users (Thanks) reported: 4 and 6 delay value working fine.

I really think most of this timing issues comes from hardware issues, all Gps comes without I2C wires.
I wonder why... maybe the mag do not pass quality check and next simply sells those Gps without wires.
You can also see the product description do not mention the mag anywhere... except the marking over Gps case. Why ?
example: http://www.banggood.com/OpenPiolot-CC3D-Revolution-Flight-Controller-Oplink-M8N-GPS-Distribution-Board-p-1000084.html

« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2016, 03:57:03 pm »
This gps have a mag? On over case is with compass.

hwh

« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2016, 04:07:17 pm »
It doesn't look like it does, there should be a small square chip where I've marked.

« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2016, 04:29:39 pm »
No mag...i need to buy a new gps with any suggestion?

kennyevo

« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2016, 05:30:11 pm »
No mag...i need to buy a new gps with any suggestion?

Hi! I've ordered this from banggood: http://www.banggood.com/Ublox-NEO-M8N-Flight-Controller-GPS-with-Protective-Shell-for-PIX-PX4-Pixhawk-p-1005394.html

It haven't arrived yet, but I think it's good for the price, it already has the two wires for the mag, but maybe I'll have to replace the connectors.

rabno1

« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2016, 01:23:42 am »
Ok so i tried out the test firmware i started with 0 and when i got to 3 the mag seems to work every time, tried about 10 times.

But!!  I also had the outputs setup and the ESCs booted fine UNTIL! I got to 3  ???
I left the delay at 3 and disabled the flexi, ESCs fine.
I left the delay at 3, flexi set to I2C, mag set to onboard only but still set to flexi in "mag type", ESCs no good.
I left the delay at 3, flexi set to I2C, mag set to onboard only but still set to GPSV9 in "mag type", ESCs fine.

Seems like this mag takes too long to get going so it makes the Revo hang for too long and messes with the ESC initialization? The mag works great when its booted and calibrates just fine, everything is looking good to go, just cant fly the thing because the ESCs havent booted right  ::)

Is it just a crap cheap mag that hasn't passed QC?
Should i bite the bullet and just either try moving the Revo and use its own mag or buy another External mag?

Anything else i can try out to help fix this issue?