f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revo AuxMag
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2016, 03:00:56 pm »
i use oplink not a cable is it a problem?

No

« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2016, 10:27:41 pm »
i hve do a new calibration without a buzzer now the mag are both really green and i'm inside the house with some interference and the same with motor on no problem but when i change  frame position all 3(xyz) parametres change and not go to 0 never....can you show me a solution?

« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2016, 10:30:45 pm »
first screenshot here.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2016, 10:44:36 pm »
I still don't understand... Your GPS is rotated something  about 22° ?

All blue bars should be stay/return to zero after a small delay while moving.

« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2016, 11:27:41 pm »
The black antenna is a gps
The white and yellow is a auxmag.
22°is the value for get center in xyz.
After i change the position value not go to zero never only when i go to the set up position it go to center.
Please solve i go crazy.

Jhinta

« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2016, 11:44:29 pm »
why using two gps , also you have your transmitter nex to it? bad id
the mac is highly -> HIGHLY vunreble to any thing that is magnatic ( so having a transmitter nex to it ,, no go try moving it you will see it jump over the place)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:47:53 pm by Jhinta »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2016, 12:18:00 am »
First you don't need the black gps if only used for GPS function.

I assume your mag is the GPS yellow / white ?
So use this one for GPS and MAG, and maybe move it where the black GPS is placed, a little away from video antenna.

This GPS has a Mag chip that is facing back: put 180° for Rolll value.

Look the arrow that point forward.
We can assume the Yaw cannot be 22° here.
Yaw should be only 90° multiples, that mean: 0°, 90°, -90° or 180°

Try different values for Yaw.

Please solve i go crazy.

That exactly the same case i resolved in video i posted.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:22:07 am by f5soh »

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2016, 05:15:52 am »
There hardware use by me...
Gps no have a mag and use an extmag attached in a photo
Tnx.
Repeat my fc is revolution board.
Gps no mag i can't see a mag chip inside(black capsule).
Auxmag is other chip on white capsule...only a mag chip no gps inside capsule.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:13:55 am by [email protected] »

Mateusz

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2016, 09:09:10 am »
So you use small external magnetometer board with HMC5883L chip.

• See attached photo how to align external magnetometer with Revolution board. Of course external magnetometer must be far from sources of magnetic interference.
  • L883 orientation must be the same on external magnetomer as on Revolution board magnetomer
  • External magnetometer board must be leveled(same plane) with Revolution board, be sure both chips orientation and angle is the same. However you place external magnetometer far from everything.

If you do that, then you don't need to rotate Magnetometer in GCS.
So set Virtual Rotation Pitch=0, Roll=0,Yaw=0.

Calibrate your magnetometers by
  • Uses->Both
  • Starting magnetometer calibration with full build (including battery) and firmly attached magnetometer such that it matches Revolution Mag everything must be assembled and aligned.
  • Press Save 5 times (6 is the last one don't press it)
  • Now rotate very slowly whole assembled quadcopter in all axis, all directions, roll, yaw, pitch, also rotate diagonal directions. The more you rotate, the more samples for calibration.
  • Press Save last time

Now you should see that both magnetometers show 0,0,0 values in the bars. You can now safely change "Both" to "AuxOnly" for flying.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:16:36 am by Mateusz »

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2016, 09:34:47 am »

• External magnetometer board must be leveled with Revolution board, you can use nylon screw to attach HMC5883L board to Revolution board, be sure both chips orientation and angle is the same.

If you do that, then you don't need to rotate Magnetometer in GCS.
So set Virtual Rotation Pitch=0, Roll=0,Yaw=0.

Calibrate your magnetometers by
  • Uses->Both
  • Starting magnetometer calibration with full build (including battery) and firmly attached magnetometer to Revolution board, everything must be assembled and aligned.
  • Press Save 5 times (6 is the last one don't press it)
  • Now rotate very slowly whole assembled quadcopter in all axis, all directions, roll, yaw, pitch, also rotate diagonal directions. The more you rotate, the more samples for calibration.
  • Press Save last time

Now you should see that both magnetometers show 0,0,0 values in the bars. You can now safely change "Both" to "AuxOnly" for flying.

Leveled what you think level on the same plane?....you has see a photo of my frame...it's on good position for you?

Mateusz

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2016, 10:20:08 am »
Leveled what you think level on the same plane?....you has see a photo of my frame...it's on good position for you?

Yes, on the same plane.
But I made a mistake in my previous post (corrected now). Of course Magnetometer cannot be attached to Revo board, because it would be the same as using internal one.
It has to be attached far, maybe to GPS unit. However oriented and plane of external Mag must match mag in Revolution board.

If it does not match, then you can change VirtualBoard rotation to correct for that. But it's much easier just to install it in the same orientation as on Revo.

« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2016, 01:40:15 pm »
I had auxmag in this place are good? Wait your answer for test..

Mateusz

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2016, 02:22:44 pm »
I had auxmag in this place are good? Wait your answer for test..

Unlikely, it may still be too close to magnetic interference, also you should not stick your electronics to carbon-fiber as carbon-fiber IS conductive.
Things like:
  • Current switching components/regulators
  • Motors
  • Wires conducting large current
Electronics produce magnetic field that is stronger than static earth magnetic field (which you want to detect). Also electronics produce magnetic field is dynamic/changes with current so hard to filter out.

These field will interfere with your magnetometer, as when you start motors, magnetic field produced by those components may be changing.
Best location is in GPS unit, far from above mentioned components.

Additionally you can twist wires to redirect magnetic field. Imagine wire running horizontally, if you use "right-hand" rule and point with the thumb the direction of current flow, then your hand around wire is magnetic field (see attached picture).

If you twist your wires, magnetic field will be redirected, and "flattened" in the direction where wire is going (see second picture found).

It is not possible to isolate from magnetic field, no magic voodoo nu-metal thing. What nu-metal does is it also redirects magnetic field. The only real isolation possible is with 2-3 meters of concrete wall, which you can't really use in quad-copter.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:25:49 pm by Mateusz »

« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2016, 03:54:40 pm »
Ok thing to do
1-add a auxmag to gps in anyway.
2-twist a wire for mag field.
3-make a vodoo dance for goodluck

I try to do anything but i think is to fantascientific way for use mag revo board.

Jhinta

« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2016, 05:12:35 pm »
retested, sat-min , for me option 6 is best :-\ no errors what zo ever
4 yello or boot problems,
5 sometimes green
6 is green