hwh

Re: OPlink set up--Help
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 06:09:35 pm »
I now have the "Revolution Mini" and oplink-air.  The sensors are on the bottom of the board (side the connectors are not on) but the board is in the case flipped so the sensors are on top.  It's normal board rotation when mounted upright and with the arrow pointing forward is roll=0, pitch=0, yaw=0.  An interesting note: if the config loaded in the board has the oplink configured it won't boot without it connected.

I loaded your 1624board.uav file and saved it to my board.  As you say, the PFD is really out of whack.

I then changed to roll=0, pitch=0, yaw=0.   This was better but there were still problems.  As Laurent mentioned a few messages back the BoardLevelTrim settings were wrong.  I reset both to zero, did a save, watched as the PFD went into a continuous spin, unplugged the board, plugged it back in, and the PFD works normally.

I've attached a corrected copy of your 1624board.uav file named forDave201603241233.uav.  Try loading it to the board and power cycling it.  I have no way of testing what it does to the heli but the PFD works normally. It assumes the board is mounted as you said it was last, top up and arrow pointing forward.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 06:19:15 pm »
watched as the PFD went into a continuous spin

This occurs sometimes when you move the board while Gyro init, related to complementary fusion algorithm

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 12:01:04 am »
Thanks hwh and Laurent,

forDave*.uav file behaves so: The sticks work, roll and yaw reactions are backwards pitch reaction is the right direction, PFD roll in backwards

Are we sure that there is no way to reverse a reaction as in Beastx. Even the Germans are not arrogant enough to think you would not need to make an adjustment.

PS I am not sure of nomenclature. I am using -- Reaction = swash compensation to outside forces
Happy Landings!

hwh

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 12:13:55 am »
Dave,

I sent you a message (top of screen, My Messages).

-Hank

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 01:01:27 pm »
Muchas Gracias hwh,

I was wrong about the PFD in regards to roll. Thank you for educating me. I thought the horizon should tilt the same way as my aircraft when banking. But no, when you are in the aircraft the horizon tilts away from your turn. Thanks, hwh.

I had to reverse the rudder in my TX AND the endpoints in Config  / Output . That left the stick output unchanged but corrected the tail servo reaction.

As soon as a foot of snow melts I get to fly. Yippee!

P.S.the PFD is the graphic in Config / Fight Data that shows sky and earth, bank angles, and in the left side some small icons that I had never noticed before: battery voltage, OPlink status, Input, computer state

Happy Landings!

hwh

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 02:00:00 pm »
I'm glad I could help and that it's working now.

Once you've flown and tweaked it please post your uav file so I'll have an example of a heli that works to look at.

-Hank

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2016, 03:00:11 pm »
Will do. And thanks again, Hank.
And now onward towards the bluetooth for the two Atom boards.

Happy Landings!