Flysky controller
« on: March 16, 2016, 08:47:14 am »
I'v just built my first 250 mini quad, and as im going through the controller calibration i get as far as the yaw function i move it left to right and nothing happens all the other functions work but got no idea why this is happening. i checked the controllers display and it reads the left right movement ok on there. any ideas?

Re: Flysky controller
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 02:04:19 pm »
Is this the controller setup wizard or have you tried doing manual configuration?

I've had similar problems with my 9x in the transmitter setup wizard but doing the manual setup fixed the issue... my 3 position flight control switch was broken so I just have 1 flight mode which is fine for me...

aa8mc

Re: Flysky controller
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 01:42:37 am »
I had an issue very similar to this when I was first setting up my CC3D.  It turned out to be a faulty cable from the board manufacturer.  I ended up ultimately just plugging it into another channel that I wasn't using.  You could try to get another cable from the manufacturer but another solution, which is what I ultimately did) was to get the ia10 receiver and have it do PPM to the CC3D.  That way you only need 1 wire anyway.  With the benb0jangles firmware for the FS-i6 I was then able to use all 10 channels on the TX.
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos

aa8mc

Flysky controller
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 01:44:17 am »
I think when it was all said and done, the upgraded RX was about $18 on bang good and the firmware upgrade cable was another $5.  Not a bad investment for turning a $50 TX into a $200 one.
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos