Re: Newbie build. Tarot 250 robocat with Revolution Mini.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 02:29:32 am »
Ty for your support!  :)

After alot of "fiddeling". I did first flight @ 2.10 am.. lol!
Very stable flight. Only hoover in my garage. But no vibration or wobbeling.
Pleased!!

Still problems with having the compass stable in direction (pointing at true north)
Suddenly after a calibration and reboot. It point at west. Did point correctly to North erlier..
hm..

Anyway, off to bed!  :D
A good landing is when you can walk away. A really good one. Is when you can use it again!

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 02:56:01 am »
I don't know anything about any board but the cc3d. I think GPS is needed
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 11:50:15 am »
Still problems with having the compass stable in direction (pointing at true north)
Suddenly after a calibration and reboot. It point at west. Did point correctly to North erlier..

Cross posting is a really bad practice :(

About your compass: if you still use the Basic (Complementary) fusion algorithm the mag is not used at all.
The "North" is taken from the heading when you power board first and there is nothing that can correct drift from Gyros.

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 09:49:11 pm »

Cross posting is a really bad practice :(

About your compass: if you still use the Basic (Complementary) fusion algorithm the mag is not used at all.
The "North" is taken from the heading when you power board first and there is nothing that can correct drift from Gyros.

Hi!
Ty for the response!

First. Im not sure what you mean about crossposting?
But if I have done something bad. I am sorry! I do not mean to offend anyone.

So If I understand corectly. Magnetometer does nothing withot a gps?
I have gps. But cant get it to work. I have ordered a adapter that is needed to configure the gps.
Since it came with the revo mini. I thought it should be a easy process.
But, Ive learned that setting up a FC is not for the average or faintharted person. :)

A good landing is when you can walk away. A really good one. Is when you can use it again!

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 10:02:33 pm »
Today I flew outdoor at the RC clubs airfield.

Worked really well. A few minor crashes, but nothing major. So Its back home in one piece. :)
Conditions were quite windy. Still it performed well. I flew 4 lipo pacs.
One thing I noticed was that its a little unbalanced in how it responds on stick movements.
Yaw is pretty quick. Almost to much. But I think its work well.
Roll and pitch is considerly "slower" to responce. Pitch is almost good enough.
Roll is a bit to slow. Trying to do cordinated turns is really hard. Yaw is to fast. So every
turn gets mor like a yaw turn than a well balanced banking turn.

I realise that i need more stick time. But I do need to chande inputs a bit.

Im not sure what is the best way to make this changes in GCS. PID tuning is not necessary
in my mind. It flyes very well. No strange behaviour. Even in todays windy conditions.

Ill se if I can film next time. Today I was alone on the cold and wet field. Cold fingers and muchie shoes.
But it was really fun!

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 01:24:44 am »
In the advanced section of the stabilization page. Above the PID tuning. A seperate table for its maximum bank angle, degrees per second of rotation, and max degrees per sec rotation. (This table in a more
Simplified version is on the basic tab at the top as well) The max bank angle will allow you to roll and pitch farther if you up the default angle of 55 to say 100. Which will in turn make the stick feel more sensitive since you won't have to move it as far for the same amount of roll or pitch. 

It may fly great on stock templates and defaults. But I guarantee you it will fly even better once you start tuning it once your comfortable flying it

Also on the basic tab is a table that is about expo,  expo makes the sticks softer and less twitchy right around the middle of the stick. If I remember right one of the default templates has -18 or something yaw expo preset and that makes it very touchy. In the GCS positive expo makes it less sensitive around center stick and negative expo does the opposite. Makes it more sensitive. But change your bank angle on roll and pitch and see if that helps first.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:34:39 am by NicholasDavid »
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 10:07:29 pm »
Ty for good and exellent support!
I. Working around the clock at the moment. But maby tomorrow I will have a look in libre pilot!

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 10:37:02 pm »
Now, finaly i got time to progress. :

Ive changed settings in gcs.
yaw was default 300 deg. sec. in rate. Changed it to 220 deg.sec. rate.
pitch and roll was set to 55 deg. in attitude. Changed to 70deg attitude.

My settings for expo seems to be set to 0 on all axis. Did not chang anything there for now.
One change at a time is good I think. :)

Short test hover in my garage says it is far more responsive. Proper flightest will have to wait.  :(

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 11:01:03 pm »
So finally I got the parcel with a XXXX Mini revo FC, Op link, OP osd and another OP GPS.
The OSD I really have no clue how to set up. Oplink there looks like a resonable wiki manual in LP.
GPS. I already tryed to install. But failed. Buying a kit one think it would be configurated to work togeter. Obviously not.
Since ther will be no real flying before the weekend. I might give OPlink a go later in the week.

anyone got any helpful tips upfront? Like, whats is the usual misstake ppl do when trying for the first time?
Im sure I will do any possible misstake!  ;D

hwh

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 01:35:03 am »
With their oplink-air attached what you have is essentially the same as a full size revo.  Just follow the standard revo instructions.  One warning, once you've attached the oplink-air and configured it the board won't boot up without it attached.

What they're calling an "OP osd" is just the micro version of the minimOSD, the wiki instructions at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup should work fine for it.  Remember as you upgrade versions of GCS you may have to upgrade the firmware in the OSD.

The "OP GPS" should work but because of it's small size and lack of a flash memory it always takes about 15 minutes to get a fix the first time after it's battery runs down overnight.  And unlike any other gps I have it flat will not get even a minimal fix inside.  Plug it into the revo's port, set that port to GPS/57600/UBX, save the settings, and reboot the controller.  It should see it but complain about not having a fix.  Put it outside for 15 minutes while powered up and it should get a fix and be fine for the day.

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 09:36:58 pm »
I can not get it to recognize the gps at all.
I have a red cross over gps in flight data.

So I hope I have some luck with oplink. :)

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »
With their oplink-air attached what you have is essentially the same as a full size revo.  Just follow the standard revo instructions.  One warning, once you've attached the oplink-air and configured it the board won't boot up without it attached.

What they're calling an "OP osd" is just the micro version of the minimOSD, the wiki instructions at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup should work fine for it.  Remember as you upgrade versions of GCS you may have to upgrade the firmware in the OSD.

The "OP GPS" should work but because of it's small size and lack of a flash memory it always takes about 15 minutes to get a fix the first time after it's battery runs down overnight.  And unlike any other gps I have it flat will not get even a minimal fix inside.  Plug it into the revo's port, set that port to GPS/57600/UBX, save the settings, and reboot the controller.  It should see it but complain about not having a fix.  Put it outside for 15 minutes while powered up and it should get a fix and be fine for the day.

Better ask first.. :)
If I later decide Ido not need oplink. Is it a problem to uninstall it and the settings?

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »
Ive solved the gps problem!

Spent many houers to try to get it to work erlier.
Tryed tonite again. After I gave up. The brilliant thought came up..
What if one connect a lipo also. Only have had FC powered via usb.
As soon as I connected the battery. I saw autoconfig in system tab started to behave different.
Suddenly it "locked"!

Went outdoors and let it get its first ever fix. Took about 25 min... No speedy gps chip.

Still very happy!

I think a good addition to any manual or istructions. Is a clear added tip. To connect the battery!!!
Also realized. That on this ooold laptop Im using. Needs a new battery. Or another powersource.
Using oplink. Will only work for maby one houer..

anyway.. YEHOO!!! ;D

hwh

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 11:55:13 pm »
Good to hear it's working!

I didn't think to remind you to hook up the battery to get the gps working.  And while I'd like to claim I've never done that, I do the same thing every once in a while.

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 12:01:44 am »
Good to hear it's working!

I didn't think to remind you to hook up the battery to get the gps working.  And while I'd like to claim I've never done that, I do the same thing every once in a while.
I dont blame you for that!   ;D
I didnt had a sigle thout it was needed when prwered via usb.
Does the same apply to other things you hook up to the fc?

Oplink tomorrows goal!