hwh

Re: Oplinks not binding
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 03:02:38 am »
...1. What should all our baudrates be for Oplink operation? 57600 ? (Never ever use any other speed settings)...
Other than testing I always leave them at the default 38400.  The higher the baud rate the shorter the range.  On the other hand the higher the baud rate the more tolerant it is of one of the oplinks being off frequency.  That's why it's recommended to try a high baud rate if two oplinks won't connect at all.

...2. Is there any advantage in having two oplinks (air and ground vs revolution and standard oplink)?...
No, it's the same thing.  Of course if the boards built in oplink is bad then an external one would get around the problem.

Re: Oplinks not binding
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 11:19:09 pm »
I always switch to 57600 baud, but I sometimes play with adding or increasing telemetry data.  The change in range is not that large.

Also, we may have recently found that with current code, an OpLink works better as coordinator than a Revo/Sparky2 does.  That is because we really want both channel hopping and stabilization to have a very high priority.  OpLink doesn't have stabilization to worry about.