jtrout19

Motors Keep increasing RPM's
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:48:31 am »
Hope I am not bothering anyone with all my questions. I am using Afro 30a with BLheli oneshot FW. My motors are Multistar Elite 2216 920KV. If I increase throttle just until motors start to spin and then leave throttle stick alone. Motors will increase rpm until quad lifts. Is this an ESC problem or FC problem.

Re: Motors Keep increasing RPM's
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 05:15:07 am »
Neither. Once you place the quad on the ground and plug in for take off. It remembers the zero level point when you set it up. No surface will ever be the same level as when you calibrated it. So when you lightly idle the motors the quad is sitting in the ground and it thinks it's Un level. So it keeps trying to level itself by rasing the throttle. When flying in auto level modes it best to kind of blip the throttle to pop off the ground quickly(my favorite) or increase the throttle faster and take off quicker. But the idle keeps increasing is normal. It does not happen in rate mode. Because the accelerometer is off.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

jtrout19

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:28:57 am »
Well thats good to know. Makes total sense. You know I got into this definitely thinking it would not be this complicated. I always got told that if you like to tinker and DIY the shit outta stuff then build your own quad. I can say so far this has been an amazing journey and I've learn a lot. Yes, I know I still have a lot more to learn. Ive only flew the thing for like 15 minutes so far. So much to learn glad to have people willing to explain. Thanks for your help.

I will say one thing about the first outdoor flight today. When It went to lift off the ground it want to try and flip in I corrected it and It got up and seemed ok. It was really kind of windy and I had issues holding it in one spot. But it didn't seem to wobble much. The first time it is not windy I will know a bit more about how it flies.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 02:47:22 pm »
Yeah wind can be hard to deal with.  Even a tuned quad can be a handful in wind. It will never stay in one place like a phantom does, and will always require correction.   It's all about your confidence as a pilot.  Once you get comfortable flying more the wind, although still there, becomes less of a factor.  Yeah man that is what this community is all about. Having fun and flying quads. Ask any questions you have.  We have a lottery if really smart people at Libre pilot. And if I can't answer your questions, one of the devs or code writers on here surely can.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

jtrout19

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »
Awesome man i appreciate it!