jtrout19

Re: Revolution and OPlinkmini
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 06:04:27 am »
Where can i get one?

hwh

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 06:38:35 am »
That depends on where you are and where you like to buy things.   I get them on eBay but if you do a google search for rfm22b it will list lots of places and some may be more convenient for you.   They run about $6.00 - 10.00 on eBay so watch out for people who try to sell them for $30+.   You want the RFM22B-S2 which is the one with the small crystal on it.   And a 433 MHz one.

jtrout19

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 08:40:57 am »
Awesome sounds good i will get on on its way thanks alot

jtrout19

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 08:50:02 am »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172052713043

This is the one i got on the way. That is a small crystal. Did i do good....lol

hwh

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 02:16:52 pm »
That's the one.  They're fairly easy to replace if you've done any soldering.

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 05:48:24 pm »
I would triple check everything and learn all about telemetry and OpLinks before I did any soldering.  I accidentally ran without an antenna for several flights (connector popped off for no reason) and did not damage my Revo.

Does OpLink show up in GCS?  Does Revo allow enabling OpLink and rebooting?  What do the stats say when connected to one or the other?  Manual configuration is easy.  Same baud rate.  10mw on both.  They must be rebooted after setting power above zero.  Same set of channels.  Mark one as Coordinator with Coordinator ID = 0 and mark the other not coordinator with Coordinator ID = Device ID of the other one.  Don't forget to save settings.  Plug in OpLink to GCS.  Power up Revo.  Should connect.

jtrout19

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 10:21:03 pm »
I am an electronics repair technician. So soldering is second nature for me. I will Do everything you have said to do tonight to see if I can get is working before I start replacing things. I will take screenshots along the way so you can double check me. The only thing in your list that I have not done is setting Coordinator ID=0 on the FC. Ive always left it blank. The Oplink does pop up in GCS. I have taken a break for a couple days waiting on a few other parts to arrive but I spent probably 20 hours trying to get them to work.

jtrout19

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2016, 03:41:48 am »
Alrighty so the new RF module is installed. And still no connection. I did find this out though tell me if it is important.
Under the system tab in GCS if you open up OPLinkStatus the REVO TX rate and RX Rate both show 0. On the Oplink there are number in those two things. Shouldnt the Revo also be sending out stuff regardless of connection if it is searching for a connection? What else can I do at this point?

Ok never mind about that. If I make the REVO the Coordinator the TX rate starts showing a number based on what speed is set at. This is really frustrating though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:49:45 am by jtrout19 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 10:25:49 am »
Coordinator side start sending frames, the no coordinator receive one frame from coordinator, give a answer and start channel hopping after both sides are syncr.

Coordinator has Tx rate if alone.
noCoordinator should have Rx rate and send a answer (tx rate)
Rx/Tx can be seen using the led status on Oplink module.

Remember the ID need to be updated because you replaced the RF module.

jtrout19

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2016, 04:34:09 pm »
The id did not change after replacing the Module. Is it something that us supposed to happen automatically or do I need to do something?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2016, 04:46:28 pm »
Sorry, i was thinking something about a factory ID stored inside RFM22 module.
I'm wrong, ID is generated using CPU serial number ;)

jtrout19

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2016, 04:11:17 am »
Well damnit i was hoping that you would be correct. Its really sad that i cant get it working. I really want the info in real time on my laptop. What else could be the issue?

hwh

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2016, 05:22:48 am »
We got sidetracked by the antenna but did you ever follow the step by step in the message where I asked you about the antenna?  Upgrade and erase both the oplink and the revo and then follow that step by step?  I went through those steps twice before I posted it and I know that procedure works.

Beyond that the only suggestion I can think of (if you're in the US) is for you to mail the oplink, revo, and the two antennas and their cables to me here in New Jersey.  I can use my revo and oplink to troubleshoot your pair.  It's an option anyway.  It hard for you to troubleshoot with only one of each item.

jtrout19

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 04:30:44 am »
Yes I did try that procedure like 5 times just to make sure I was doing it right. Then I changed RF modules out on both the REVO and the OPLINK and did it 5 more times. :). No dice. So I put old RF modules on. Times I wish I a spectrum analyzer