First off I want to say this is my first attempt at a more advanced Quad copter. Before this I had a slightly modified Blade Qx200. I'm wondering if anyone else is having any problems loading librepilot on their eachine racer 250? My setup is the ARF eachine racer 250 from http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Racer-250-FPV-Drone-Built-in-5_8G-Transmitter-OSD-With-HD-Camera-BNF-Version-p-995366.html, Spektrum dx6i transmitter (TX) and Orange receiver (RX) OrangeRx R615X https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZSD8UO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I got the Eachine to bind with the Orangerx no problem but when I do the Transmitter setup wizard, I'm running into issues. Some of the switches arn't responding to the program when it asks to wiggle the toggle switches. I'm only able to connect to one. I ended up skipping the ones I couldn't bind. Got through the rest of the setup. Went to fly and it starts up, takes off around half throttle and then attempts to flip. If I keep on the throttle it would most definitely flip. I made sure the props are spinning in the right direction, props are on correctly, cc3d in the correct direction. Hopefully Its default in librepilot in correct.
I'm kind of stuck at this point. If anyone can help me out it would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have all the switches,that the wizard can't seem to find, setup in your radio. If they aren't set up in the radio first then the wizard doesn't know about them.

Are you taking off immediately after arming? Sitting on the ground spinning trying to gradually take off can cause issues.  Basically it's trying to level itself on the ground and it can't get perfectly level so it tries harder and harder till it will either flip or do something wild

Arm the quad and try to jump off the ground quickly. don't let it sit on the ground spinning motors unless you are in rate mode or something. Auto level modes will always try and level out even while sitting on the ground.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

Re: HELP PLEASE! Eachine flips upon takeoff with LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 06:57:15 pm »
I answered this question in the general section.  No need to post twice. Hope a mod will either move one of these or delete one. Take off quickly. Spinning motors on the ground trying to gradually take off is a bad practice. It's better to arm and immediately take off. Sort of hop off the ground right away is the best way
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

I believe All the switches. I'll double-check. I use yaw right to arm. Since it was my first run, I gradually took off. It went up and to the right and when i gave it more throttle, it started to flip so I cut it off and luckily landed it safely.
It only got a few feet off the ground however. It sits on the ground fine at idle and even when I give it a little throttle, its when i try to get it off the ground more than a foot or so and the throttle tends to be wonky and sensitive then pulls right really hard to the point where if I kept the throttle on it would certainly flip.
Ill try the take off the ground quick way and post the results but when I tried gunning it last night it felt like it would do the same thing, I didn't want to push it out of the box like that.

Is there a video or thread on setting up a DX6i on librepilots tx wizard?

hwh

You only get two switches with a 6 channel receiver.  According to the manual by default the transmitters are setup to send the gear and flap switches in acro mode.  There's a "monitor" screen on the transmitter that shows the 6 channels and their current value.  You can look at it and toggle switches until you find the right ones.

In the wizard just click skip for the switches you can't setup.

There's nothing unusual about the eachine racer 250, I loaded one of the 250 quads that was close during the vehicle wizard and it worked fine.

You could try the settings file uploaded by another user in https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1123.msg8189#msg8189   He also posted a video of his racer 250 flying.

How and when do you upload the .uav file? Also Having problems during tx wizard. Its not recognizing the pitch on the tx. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Seems like an easy thing but has turned into a 4 day project.

hwh

Whenever you want to load a settings file.  :)   file->import uav settings.   there's also a export uav settings so you can save your current ones first.  You can also export a settings file and attach it to a post here so we can look at it.

If you load his uav file you'll have to rerun the transmitter wizard if you don't have a transmitter/receiver that's close to the other person's setup.

If it's not recognizing just one of the sticks I'd check the wires.  If they look right but aren't working try switching the wire for pitch with another channel, rerun the transmitter wizard, and see if the problem moves.