Output PWM less than 500
« on: March 30, 2016, 10:51:03 pm »
Hey Guys!

I'm a bit new here, trying to build my own mini quad. I've flown RTF models before, so I wanted to start making my own quad now.

Here's my plan: CC3D atom on a 150mm frame with 8mm brushed motors. I use a Graupner Mz-12 and the GR-12SH receiver and the following motor driver:

http://www.readytoflyquads.com/brushed-motor-driver

It only sort-of works. The problem is, if I understand correctly, that the brushed motor driver needs a PWM ranging from 0-100% duty cycle. But librepilot won't let me set the min PWM value below 500 (btw, what are the units on this?)

Is there any workaround? Maybe someone has a custom build of librepilot that allows for PWM less than 500?

I've also tried to flash it with cleanflight firmware and try there: takes care of the PWM problem, but somehow cleanflight doesn't "see" my receiver. (I move the sticks, nothing happens on the receiver tab) -> I guess I'm in the wrong forum for this problem

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

best
Nico

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Output PWM less than 500
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:58:25 pm »
Values are in µs

The 500 limitation just a gui limitation, you can go to UavoBrowser and set values like you want.

System tab > UavoBrowser > ActuatorSettings

Not sure you can drive the brushed driver with outputs...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 11:03:30 pm »

tuor

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 08:37:43 am »
I have the feeling you are a little lost in the terms used...
In PWM a special position of the servo/throttle is encoded in the length of the signal pulse. E.g. 500ms means 0%. 1520ms normally is midstick or 50% and around 1900ms is 100%.

xfce

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 10:43:28 am »
Values are in µs

The 500 limitation just a gui limitation, you can go to UavoBrowser and set values like you want.

System tab > UavoBrowser > ActuatorSettings

Not sure you can drive the brushed driver with outputs...
I have a question, what is the max BankUpdateFreq value can i set in the UavoBrowser > ActuatorSettings ? Thanks