How to fly with MANUAL MODE in CC3D with a 4ch Transmitter
« on: November 15, 2016, 12:00:45 pm »
I'm new to rc.I have a 4ch FLYSKY transmitter.There are no any switches.Recently i hooked up with CC3D .I think my quad was flying on AUTO LEVEL MODE.I dont know how to make it to manual mode.I need help :'(

Re: How to fly with MANUAL MODE in CC3D with a 4ch Transmitter
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 01:22:12 pm »
So, you can certainly fly in manual mode if you want - but I'm curious why you want to. 

In general, quads are usually in some sort of self leveling mode.  When a moderate gust of wind cones by, they correct themselves back to level. When you stop a turn, they return to level. If the quad is a bit off balance, it works to keep itself level anyways....etc...

When I had used manual mode, I would use a switch to flip between Attitude (stabilized) flight mode and manual.  I wouldn't trust myself to fly manual without a way to quickly flip back to a stabilized flight mode.

I think you'll find a flight mode that does what you want without going full manual.  For example, I wanted my quad to flip - something I couldn't do in Attitude flight mode.  But if I changed it to Acro+ flight mode, when I push the sticks near their extreams, the quad no longer tries to self level and does flips! Returning sticks back to center makes the quad self level again...if you think I could do 3 flips in one second and then manually recover before crashing.........well sometimes even the FC can't do that ;)

There are a variety of flight modes you can set in librapilot.  This link should help pick one.  https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Input+Configuration

There are also a variety of settings to change how 'snappy' or 'smooth' the quad flies.  This link should help https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Stabilization+Configuration

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:53:21 pm »
Thanks crof2003

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 03:56:14 pm »
How do I set one specific flight mode without various modes? I dont have any switch.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 04:36:12 pm »
In the flight mode tab, change the flight modes number to 1 and then change the related flight mode settings for the first flight mode.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »
Thanks crof2003 :)

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 06:04:14 pm »
For the record...  :)

Here at LP, "Manual" means no stabilization whatsoever and can never be used on a quadcopter, not even by an expert.  What some other flight controllers call Manual mode we call Rate mode.

Beginners should use Attitude mode (it levels out when you release the sticks, but you can't do flips).

Later on, you can use Rattitude mode which also self levels, but does allow flips.  I recommend you use CruiseControl thrust (throttle) mode, especially with Rattitude.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 07:31:39 pm »
Thanks for helping me TheOtherCliff