Oscillation on descent. Need help with PIDS :(
« on: April 09, 2017, 10:40:26 pm »
Hey, recently my quad had just started to oscillate a little bit when i'm descending. I posted a pic of my current pids, what would i need to change about to maybe stop the oscillation?

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
Re: Oscillation on descent. Need help with PIDS :(
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:50:32 am »
Do you have these oscillations if you descent non vertically? Often they are caused by flying trough the props turbulences.

Udo

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:47:24 am »
If your copter has a narrow range of optimal PIDs it may oscillate when descending (low throttle) or asscending (high throttle). There is option TPS (throttle PID scaling) which I use on my bigger copter 450mm.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 05:47:33 pm »
As mentioned, TPS definitely helps this.  You get to decide how much to increase the PIDs at lower throttle.  Another thing that helps a lot if you have a Revo class FC is to run AutoTune.

This is a problem even for full sized helicopters.  You get in your own turbulent downwash when you drop straight down in a certain speed range.  Come down slower (or faster :) ) or come down at an angle (say 45 degrees).

Dashz

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 09:48:40 pm »
Like @theOtherCliff said, this happens to bigger quadcopters and tbh, it happens to any quadcopter even to the Top-notch or the best racing 250 quads with insanely high Pid Loops and Gyro frequencies plus best hardware.