Belko

Setting PPM+OneShot Pin8
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:12:04 am »
Hi guys!

This is my first config and I need some help.
My hardware is:

Frame: Diatone Blade 150 Carbon Fiber
Flight Controller: CC3D Atom Mini
Esc: DYS BLHeli BL20 mini 20A
Receiver: FrSky D4R-II 2.4G 4CH ACCST
Motors: DYS 1306 3100KV BX
Radio: FrSky 2.4G ACCST Taranis X9D Plus Transmitter

I'm trying to configure with PPM+OneShot Pin8. All config is fine but in the transmitter setup, LibrePilot cannot find my Taranis switch to change the flight mode (to acro or any) I tried to configure that on all Taranis switches, but I cant. I only can skip this step to finish the wizard.

Another problem I have is when I'm flying: Suddenly all the motors stops (no message from taranis) and my drone falls down for a second and after that returns throttle to them. This occurs when (thankfully) the diatone is very near to me and flying low. It's constantly repeated ( stops, reruns ) again and again and againt.
All this after having been flying a few minutes without any problem  :-\

I'm in a very dark tunnel

Daxo

Re: Setting PPM+OneShot Pin8
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:56:04 am »
Hi Belko,

I had a similar issue, what worked for me is that I went to the Configuration - Input - Flight mode switch settings - and add another Flight mode(flight mode count) like shown in picture below.

Make sure to Save the new settings, there's a save button at the bottom right corner.

Then re-run the transmitter wizard and try now.

Regarding the Throttle drops, check all your solder joints for cold solder. It's possible there's a bad connection going on somewhere.

If that isn't it, try using another receiver and see if the issue repeats.

Hope it helps :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 09:00:52 am by Daxo »
Innovation Matters

Belko

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 10:01:32 am »
Thank you so much for the answer! I'll reconfigure on LP and return to comment the results.

About throttle drops, I have pending resold the BEC, power distribution, wires and rebuild all the components because  I was in a hurry to fly and I did it very fast.
I'm sure I can improve the build.

Best regards.  :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:22:36 am by Belko »

Daxo

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:18:36 am »
Don't mention it, hope it helps to get that F-switch working on your Taranis  :D

Please share if it solved the issue, also I'm eager to hear how it turned out with those throttle drops, was it rx or something else.

Best,
Dragomir
Innovation Matters

Belko

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 10:45:02 pm »
Solved!!  ;D ;D ;D

One more question: I'm having the same issue trying to configure Accessory0 to 3.
First of all I set LS, S1, S2 and RS controls on the Taranis as INPUTS, but LibrePilot wizard didn't detect when I move the sticks.

Which functions can I configure on it or... which functions usually people who flight quadcopter configure on Accessories?
It's necessary to configure more channels on the LibrePilot?

Thank you

Daxo

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »
Nice! :D

Regarding the Accessory's, I've just opened up the GCS and give it a go and see how to get it working so what I did was...

Bare in mind that I've never used Accessory's before, didn't need it and by all means this doesn't have to be the best way to do it but it worked!

Go to Configuration - Inputs - RC INPUT,  now enable Accessory's channels by selecting their type, in my case it is PPM.

Then assign a channel number to that Accessory, in my case Channel 6.

Again, this is how it is In my case, like shown in the image.

Now re-run the Transmitter setup wizard and that should be it.

Important notice, do set all switch positions to their neutral when asked, so your 3 position switch's (aside flight mode switch) have proper curve/value assignments

If this doesn't work, then you probably haven't assign properly a channel to a switch in your Taranis. Please let me know if that's the case so we can see if there's something turned on accidently or something else.

Hope it helps :D

Best,
Dragomir

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:41:21 pm by Daxo »
Innovation Matters

Belko

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 12:43:27 am »
Hi again!!! After some broken propellers, I had an issue with my Atom MINI-CC3D and I bought a new one (this time with bent pins, much better for my build)

After rebuilding the quad, I'm not able to set PPM+OneShot Pin8. I'm using the same cable that was working in the old Mini CC3D Atom.
In the transmitter setup wizard, I cant configure anything because I don't have Tx signal on pin 8 from CC3D which is connected to Channel 1 on D4R-II.

Its so extrange because in my old CC3D Atom it works perfectly.

Any solution for this issue?

Thank you so much.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 01:01:00 am »
You should use the FlexiPort as PPM input, seems there is a couple of CC3D Atom reverse engineered that do not follow original design and last pin do not work.

Belko

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 11:23:08 am »
Thank you for your quick answer. :)

I put the wires as shown in your picture, but still having problems detecting Throttle stick.
My FlexiPort connector have 4 wires: Black - Red - Green and Yellow.
Black (GND) is connected to "-" in D4R-II, Red (VCC) is connected to "+" and Yellow is connected to signal CH1 on D4R-II

What I'm doing wrong?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 12:06:16 pm »
Did you reboot after PPM - HW change ?
Receiver powered ? Binded ? PPM jumper ? Right servo output ?

For debug purposes you can monitor the inputs, no need to start radio wizard.
Go to the System tab > UAVOBrowser and search for ReceiverActivity in Data side.
Try monitoring / debug the receiver activity moving one stick/switch at once.

Post a picture how you wired the receiver

Belko

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 02:25:58 pm »
It's working now after rebooting  ;D
But cannot revert the Pitch (the only I need to modify, the other are well by default)

It's a good idea to try upgrading firmware?

Thank You!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:37:58 pm by Belko »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 03:10:00 pm »
Firmware is embedded inside GCS, what version do you use ?

At almost the last Radio wizard step (where the wizard ask you to check stick movements) you can revert the pitch
Same in RcInput tab you can revert pitch input.

Belko

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 03:33:09 pm »
I'm using CGS 15.09

Yes, I always need to revert the pitch in the Wizard. I just pick on the "check box" for pitch and then it was reverted,
But doing that now is not reverting anything at this time (with my old Atom using receiver port on Pin 8 it reverts OK)

Any idea to solve that?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 03:38:45 pm »
The input port doesn't matter and nothing related to the pitch reverse.
If the radio wizard show fine stick movement at last step and board is oriented correctly you should not have any issues.

Your firmware is up to date, first resolve your issues.

Belko

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 04:36:12 pm »
Well, my issue is that: The pitch channel is reverted and I cant revert it from LibrePilot.
Marking the Pitch check in order to revert it during the Setup Wizard do nothing.

I don't know if I can revert it from the radio.

Updated: I will try to revert the pitch from the Taranis.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:03:35 pm by Belko »