jaklos

Dsmx sat on main port with volt regulator
« on: March 12, 2016, 02:36:36 am »
Set to 9 in hwsetting it flashes I try to bind and get bind failed?  Any suggestions?  Also my op gps got smoking hot!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Dsmx sat on main port with volt regulator
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 10:13:31 am »
The hot GPS looks strange... how many volts used to power board ?

Here is the wiki page if you miss info:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+Spektrum+Satellite?src=contextnavpagetreemode

jaklos

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 06:51:54 pm »
5v powering board. I have the lemon dsmx sat connected as described and it goes into bind mode. But it only gives a bind failed!  One write up says to flexiport use number 3 for signal and another says use number 4 for signal. Mine is connected to 1 ground 2 power regulated 3.2vdc 3 3 not used 4 to signal wire from sat. Using 9 on sat menu goes to bind mode but fails every time.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 07:02:50 pm »
Try using 5 instead of 9 as bind value.

The sure thing: pin4 is signal, not  pin3 :)

jaklos

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 07:45:22 pm »
Tried 5 and 9 neither bind only tried pin 4

This sat worked on my previous cc3d dsmx port!

jaklos

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 07:49:46 pm »
I figured it out needed to put bind mode to 8? Dsmx 22ms

charles

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 03:53:12 pm »
I am having the same issue but using bind value 8 didnt work for me. I have tried 4,5,8,9 i guess i can just go through the whole string unless someone has another idea on why i cant bind. I followed the video to the T and everything is easy until when i power up the board and the RX starts flashing bind mode. IT just wont take the bind from my TX. I use a dx6i , is that a problem?

Jhinta

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 03:55:14 pm »
I am having the same issue but using bind value 8 didnt work for me. I have tried 4,5,8,9 i guess i can just go through the whole string unless someone has another idea on why i cant bind. I followed the video to the T and everything is easy until when i power up the board and the RX starts flashing bind mode. IT just wont take the bind from my TX. I use a dx6i , is that a problem?

dsms/x  4/5 and use 3.3v pin on the back (bootloader pin) , original sat works bad with 5v
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:59:04 pm by Jhinta »

charles

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 04:13:01 pm »
    Nah buddy. I got a vreg on the 5v from the main/flexi plug i made into an adapter. It defiantly only gets 3.3v (its adjustable vreg). It all works up to the bind part.
    I actually grabbed another sat and tried it just now and successfully got it to bind. The only difference is that one is lemon and other is spektrum. The spek sat worked first try on bind value 4.
    Maybe there is a lemon value that works?? I dunno why the Lemon DSMX sat doesnt work I was under the impression that they are the same hardware. anyway.. Lemon -0   Spektrum-1

Jhinta

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 04:47:03 pm »
i belief that lemon and other are reverse engineered dsm protocols, if they use the same hardware, could be .

also what you can do is , leave at 0 and bind your sat before adding to cc3d