FM0: What is it?
« on: May 28, 2016, 06:09:57 am »
Please pardon my newness. I understand that Flight Mode 0 is the default flight mode if no other flight mode is in effect due to a physical or logical switch. But I've been unable to find out what settings it uses. I would intuitively assume whatever Stabilized Mode 1 is set to, but we all know what that will get me. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Mateusz

Re: FM0: What is it?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 09:33:54 am »
Your assumption is correct. If you set "Stabilized 1" settings on fight mode 1 in Flight Mode Switch Position, that will use settings from "Stabilized 1" in Stabilization Modes Configuration.
I don't see flight mode 0 though being default. Please post screenshot if it's still not clear :)

In the attached screenshot Flight mode 3 is selected which uses Stabilized 3.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:38:32 am by Mateusz »

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 07:19:11 pm »
Thanks for the response. This is from the Taranis Plus user guide that came with my radio. I think its ver 2.0 and I'm using 2.17. But the Flight Mode screen in my Taranis looks the same. LibrePilot never mentions FM0 that I can find.

jbarchuk

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:45:11 pm »
For flight modes LP uses a 1-based counting system. That's how normal humans think, where '1' is 'first' and '0' is 'none.'

LP doesn't know or care what radio system anyone uses.

Taranis in their obvious brilliance ;) apparently uses a 'programmer oriented' 0-based system where '0' is 'first.'

Taranis doesn't know or care what GCS anyone uses.

The 'first' mode in the Tx is 'FM0.'

The 'first' mode in LP is 'Pos. 1.'

The 0-5 in Taranis correspond to the 1-6 in LP. Learn to deal with it.   :o ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 03:21:59 am »
Got it. Thanks for the info.